Geography is important part of IAS prelims Exam. Candidates cannot take geography for granted. Candidates must have basic understanding about the Geography. Following are some Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) which shall help candidates to understand the pattern and level of difficulty of questions:
1. Which of following state is/ are completely lie in Himalayas?
a. Himachal Pradesh
c. Himachal Pradesh , Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand
d. Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir , Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh
2.Water Body that separates india and the Srilanka is
a. Palk Strait
b. 8 degree channel
c. Great channel
d. 10 degree channel
3. Which of following glacier is not located in Karakoram Range?
4. Which one of following rivers does not pass through the Himachal Pradesh?
5. Koyana River is tributary of :
6. In which of following state/ states mangrove forest is found?
b. West Bengal
c. Odisha, West Bengal and Tamilnadu
7. Which one of following regions does the Bushmen tribe belong to?
a. Kalahari Desert
c. Arabian Desert
d. Canadian Tundra
8. Consider the following statements:
I) Lowermost layer of atmosphere is called Troposphere
II) Height of Troposphere is more at pole and lesser near the equator
III) Height of Troposphere is more at equator and lesser near the pole
Which of above statement is / are true about the Troposphere?
a. I only
b. I and III
c. All of the above
d. 1and II
9. Which of following statement is correct about the hot and cold currents?
a. Area where the hot and cold currents meet is very productive site
b. Area where the hot and cold current meet is very unproductive.
c. All warm current emerges from the poles
d. All of the above
10. Israel has common border with
a. Lebanon, Syria, Jordon and Egypt
b. Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Jordan
c. Cyprus, Turkey, Jordon and Egypt
d. Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Yemen