IBPS is ready to conduct Common Interview for the candidates who have successfully qualified Common Written Examination for PO Recruitment. The written examination was conducted in October 2013. On the basis of scores in IBPS PO Exam 2013, the commission will conduct common interview of the candidates. The qualified candidates have to face interview boards for getting employment in Public Sector Banks. Every candidate gets nervous initially that ultimately affects his/her performance. Here are some steps and guidelines to reduce nervousness and perform well in interview sessions.
Interview is a face to face interaction between interviewer and interviewee. It is very useful in judging candidate’s fine qualities. It helps in discovering candidate’s initiative tacts, mental alertness, self confidence etc.
The most impressive part of interviewee is his personality and behavior. Some points will help the candidates in impressing the board members, which are as follows:
- Simple and formal dress
- Walking and sitting in proper posture
- Relaxed behavior
- Smiling when entering and leaving the interview room
- Looking at the interviewer while talking
- Shaking hands when invited firmly and briefly
- Speaking clearly and loudly
- Adhering to point of discussion
- Logical approach
- Giving monosyllabic answers: It tends to give an impression that the candidate does not have sound knowledge on the subject
- Do not give the answers in low pitch, which is not audible to the board. This causes displeasure. It is advisable to speak clearly and loudly.
Avoid Too Many Hand Gestures
It is advisable to the candidate to not use too many hand gestures as this creates bad impression in the minds of the board members.