Congratulations! If you reading this post, then there must be two reasons behind it. Either you are going to appear for the final round (interview) or you are visualizing yourself to reach and qualify for Probationary Officers (POs) conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS).
It is indeed a big victory to see your hard work in the form a final call letter for an interview. All the students who have qualified IBPS PO Mains 2016 examination are going to be issued with the call letters for IBPS PO Interview. Candidates are tested on various professional skills. It helps to pick the best candidate among others to make it through. Some of the finest professionals in the banking arena are part of the interview panel. They ensure that all the selected ones are well versed with the banking sector as well as the basic concepts of economy.
You must be fully prepared for the interview beforehand in order to save yourself from its jitters. The interview is the last but crucial round in the IBPS PO recruitment process. We, the team of Jagran Josh, have decided to help you with the homework with some Do’s and Don’ts.
IBPS PO interview: Common questions for engineering students difficult to answer
Do’s for an interview
√ Be on time. (It may sound old-fashioned but punctuality is still regarded as one of the best qualities in the candidates).
√ Try to reach the venue 15-30 minutes before the interview time.
√ Be confident & graceful in your dressing. Refrain yourself from wearing very modern outfit and accessories. Do wear a clean well-ironed dress.
√ Even if the door is open, always take permission before entering.
√ Display positive attitude. Greet the interviewer and ask before taking your seat.
√ Always wish the female colleague first (if there is any) and then address the rest of the panel.
√ Be honest about information provided by you. Refrain yourself from blabbering or sharing any excessive information.
√ Pay attention to the words of the board. If you don’t know the exact answer then politely say you don’t know.
√ Try and make an eye contact with the interviewer while answering. (This conveys that you have confidence in yourself).
√ It is okay to be nervous but don’t let that nervousness hamper your preparation. Never let any stress and anxiousness reflecting on your face.
√ Carry all the required documents and their originals with you.
√ Pay a special attention to your body language while presenting yourself in front of the interviewer.
√ Thank the panel duly before leaving the room and try to make your exit without noise.
Don’ts for an interview
* Don’t chew any gum or food while entering the interview room.
* Either switch off or keep your mobile on silent mode during the interview.
* Don’t boast about yourself and your achievements.
* Be to the point and straight forward in your answer. Don’t beat around the bush.
* If your thoughts are not matching with those of the interviewers on any topic, then don’t argue with them. Remember, he is there to judge your caliber and he might be testing you that how you react to such situations.
* Don’t correct yourself too much. If you think that you have made some mistakes while speaking, then remain cautious on your next stand.
* Don’t speak fast in order to escape with the question. Take a small pause before replying to any question. (Trust me; the interviewer is taking note of everything).
* Don’t speak in a way which proves that you have mugged up the entire answer. Don’t sound robotic in your speech.
* Don’t fidget or slouch or shaky while responding. However, good the content of your answer is, if you display any of this behavior, the attention of the interviewer will go against you.
* Don’t lie in any manner and never make any personal statements.
* Don’t bang the door at the time of exit (even if the interview did not go well). Take a polite leave or permission to exit.
The above points are handy not only for clearing banking interviews but also for other competitive exam’s interviews. Try to attempt certain mock interviews in the institutes that provide the facility to conduct IBPS mock PO interview. Or take the help of your parents, colleagues as well as friends in helping you with the interview preparation. Record your interview and assess your weakness and work hard to overcome them. This type of self-evaluation will certainly help you to prepare well at this crucial point in time.
The team of jagran josh wishes all the best to those who are selected for IBPS PO interview 2016-17. Be confident and have faith in your abilities. Remember, “Faith can move mountains”.