IBPS is all set to conduct Mains examination on 20th November. Here the banking team of jagran josh is providing sample questions of General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry that will be useful for the candidates appearing for IBPS PO Mains examination 2016.
1. What was the theme of India’s first National Ayurveda Day?
a) Prevention and Control of Diabetes through Ayurveda
b) Ayurveda Controls Diabetes and Chronic Disease
c) Ayurveda is Life
d) None of the above
2. Name the state that decided to implement the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission for its employees.
c) Andhra Pradesh
3. India defeated which of the following countries to win the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup?
4. Which of the following has become the first Indian Lender to complete a banking transaction using Blockchain technology?
a) HDFC Bank
b) ICICI Bank
c) Axis Bank
d) Federal Bank
5. The lock-in period in case of a term deposit means –
a) Locker service is not available
b) Premature withdrawal is not possible
c) Another account cannot be opened
d) No further investment is possible
6. The Union Finance Ministry has set up a Public Debt Management Cell (PDMC) with the objective of separating debt management functions from-
7. The International Energy Agency (IAE) is going to partner with India to implement which of the following Indian initiatives globally?
8. When banks accept a fixed sum of money from an individual for a definite term and pay on maturity with interest, the deposit is called-
a) Term Deposit
b) Demand Deposit
d) Recurring deposit
9. As decided by the RBI, the statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) of banks will come down 0.25 per cent every quarter till Jan 2017. What is the present SLR starting from Oct 1, 2016?
a) 20.50 per cent
b) 20.75 per cent
c) 21.25 per cent
d) 21.50 per cent
10. Which of the following rates are reviewed by the RBI at the time of bimonthly review of the monetary policy?
a) Interset rate on savings bank account
b) Repo Rate
c) Bank Rate
d) Only b and c
11. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected what per cent economic growth for India for 2016 and 2017?
a) 7.2 percent
b) 7.4 percent
c) 7.5 percent
d) 7.6 percent
12. The RBI's scheme that facilitates to convert up to half the loans held by corporate borrowers into equity or equity-like securities is known as-
13. Who of the following became the first India-American woman to be elected to the U.S. House of Representative?
a) Shyamala Gopalan
b) Kamala Harris
c) Pramila Jayapal
d) Kali Penn
14. Who among the following was conferred with the Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation Awards for promoting Gandhian values outside India?
a) Sheikh Rached Ghannouchi
b) Barack Obama
c) Al Gore
d) Richard Attenborough
15. Name the person appointed as CEO of the World Bank?
a) Kristalina Georgieva
b) Jason McCracken
c) Antonio Guterres
d) Abdelilah Benkirane