IBPS PO and Clerical examinations are coming up and a lot of candidates are going to appear in these examinations to be held in the coming months. Some will succeed and some will again appear in the examination next year. So, what makes the difference between these two categories? What do the successful people have that the others don’t have? In this article, we shall try to understand the difference between the two so that everybody can get a shot at selection by following those strategies.
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) vs IBPS PO: Which one is better?
Banking Toppers: Tips from your successful peers
Well, it becomes easy to understand for aspirants how to approach an examination in case he or she gets advice from one of his own i.e. a peer who was also on the same boat a few days ago but has been able to make it to the coveted selection list by dint of hard work and determination. So, what are things that he or she has done and you have not? Let’s find out here:
• Syllabus should be covered in detail: There is no alternative to this since you cannot attempt an examination if you do not know the syllabus. So, the first thing after the notification comes out is going through the syllabus and along with that, previous year papers so that you get the first hand knowledge of the pattern and prepare on your own after that.
• Time Management holds the key: This is one of the aspects that are checked in IBPS examinations as it does not matter how much you know but what matters is how much you can apply that in the limited period of time. In the prelims examination, the ideal strategy should be: Reasoning (20 minutes), English (15 minutes) and Mathematics (35 minutes). For mains, you do not have to plan anything since IBPS has already done the same by allotting separate time for each and every section in the examination.
• Practice as much as possible: It is very important since you need to understand that you may know something but to apply that without minimal thought you need to be a master in that topic. The only way to achieve this is to practice as much as possible so that the chances of error decrease drastically and you can score more in the examination.
• Make only calculated guesses: Yes it is a very important aspect of any competitive examination since there is something called negative marking and in case you are not aware of its effect, you will end up paying for that heavily in the examination. Do not attempt just for the sake of attempting more questions but make sure that you actually know or you make a calculated guesswork in the question. Otherwise, you end up losing marks unnecessarily.
• Mock tests are necessary but not everything: With preparation going online along with the examinations themselves, it has become necessary to attempt online tests from various websites and coaching institutes. It should be kept in mind that these tests only serve the purpose of practice and they should not be relied upon much. You may score more in the test but end up failing in the examination since IBPS knows how to deceive candidates. Keep an open mind and go to the examination hall. If you get the same pattern, it is well and good but in case you are in for something drastically different, you should be ready to face it. Flexibility and adaptability are the two most important aspects of success in these examinations as experienced and applied by your beloved toppers.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Analysis held on 16th October 2016
IBPS Examinations are more of tests of your speed and accuracy rather than your scholarly knowledge. You need to get a hold of the topics that come in the examination and then practice as much as possible since that holds the key actually to your success. You should understand that you are not going to do research after passing the examination but you are going to work in a bank that requires adaptability, flexibility, calmness of mind, presence of mind and endless patience. IBPS Examinations test the same and if you are cut out for bank jobs, you will definitely possess these characteristics. Examination and job qualities are not different things but they are inter-related and inter-dependent.
All the best!!