Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai has invited applications for Admissions to its Ph D and M.S. Research programmes for new Session to begin from July 2014.
Admission for Research in the following Department is invited:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Humanities and Social science
- Management Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physics, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering and Petroleum Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Registration of Application forms will be open on: 23 February 2014
- Last date for Registration of application through on-line: 06 April 2014
- Interview and or Test [on or before: 19 May 2014 to 30 May 2014
- Selected Candidates to join on: 14 July 2014
Research at IIT-Madras Details:
1. In Engineering and Management for those with Masters Degree in Engineering
Rs.18,000/- p.m. for first 2 years & Rs.20,000/- p.m. for next 2 years
2. In Engineering for those admitted directly with B.E / B.Tech degrees with GATE/NET
Rs.16,000/- p.m. for first 2 years & Rs.18,000/- p.m. for next 3 years
3. In Sciences / Humanities & Social Sciences Management
Rs.16, 000/- p.m. for first 2 years & Rs.18, 000/- p.m. for next 3 years
In Engineering / Management
Rs.8,000/- p.m. for first 3 years
Note: Other scholarships like UGC-JRF, CSIR-JRF, ICMR, ICAR, DAE-JEST & AICTE etc. may also be available for those who had qualified for these schemes and get admission and the amount of fellowship will be as per the norms of the funding agency.
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications (as given in section 5, eligible degree as given in section 6) and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the departments from time to time, will be called for an interview and/or test by the Selection Committees of the respective departments.
- Page 4 of 40 For candidates who have obtained PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date prescribed for receipt of the completed application, a departmental test will be conducted.
- The applications of foreign nationals may be considered without a personal interview / test (details vide section 8).
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Departmental Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
For Detailed Information, please click on the below link: