CBSE Class 12th Physics 2017 board exam is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, 15th March, 2017 from 10:30 AM TO 1:30 PM. The syllabus of CBSE Class 12 Physics is vast. There are total 15 chapters in Class 12 Physics NCERT textbook.
Now days, search engines are flooded with queries like:
- Important topics of Physics Class 12 CBSE
- Important derivations in Electrostatics Class 12
- Most important derivations in Physics Class 12
Although all the topics mentioned in latest CBSE Class 12th Physics syllabus is important. But, after the analysis of some CBSE Class 12th Physics previous year papers we have identified some important derivations which are extremely important for CBSE Class 12th Physics 2017 board exam.
The complete list of these important derivations is given below
Unit 1 Electrostatics
Derivation of Coulomb’s law in vector form is frequently asked in board exam. Sometimes students are students need to show Coulomb’s law agrees with the Newton’s third law i.e. F12 = ‒F21.
Other important derivations of this unit are:
- Electric field intensity on Axial Line & Equatorial Line of an Electric Dipole.
- Electric Potential due to a point charge.
- Electric Potential on Axial Line & Equatorial Line of an Electric Dipole.
- Electric Field Intensity at various points due to a uniformly charged spherical shell (thin & thick both).
- Electric filed intensity due to a thin infinite plane sheet of charge.
- Capacitance of parallel plate capacitor (with or without dielectric medium).
- Application of Gauss theorem in calculation of electric field.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2016 – 2017
Unit 2 Current Electricity
Topics of this unit from which derivations can be asked in CBSE Class 12th Physics board exam 2017
- Expression for drift velocit.
- Relation between current and drift velocity.
- Series and parallel connection of resistors.
- Application of Gauss theorem is calculation of electric filed intensity due to a thin infinite plane sheet of charge and uniformly charged spherical shell (or conducting sphere).
Unit 3 Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Important topics of this unit from which derivations can be asked in CBSE Class 12th Physics board exam 2017
- Application of Biot - Savart law in calculation of magnetic field due to current carrying circular loop.
- Ampere’s law and its applications to infinitely long straight wire. Straight and toroidal solenoids.
- Force on a moving charge in uniform magnetic and electric fields
- Force on a current-carrying conductor in a uniform magnetic field.
- Force between two parallel current-carrying conductors (including definition of ampere)
- Torque experienced by a current loop in uniform magnetic field.
- Current loop as a magnetic dipole and its magnetic dipole moment.
- Magnetic dipole moment of a revolving electron.
- Magnetic field intensity due to a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) along its axis and perpendicular to its axis.
- Torque on a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) in a uniform magnetic field.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics
Unit 4 Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Derivation based on calculation of motional EMF (i.e. emf induced in a rod moving in uniform magnetic field).
- Self and Mutual Induction
- Relation between peak and rms value of current
- Reactance, impedance and average power in series LCR, LR, CR or LR circuit.
- Resonance in case of series LCR circuit
Unit 5 Electromagnetic Waves
- Concept of displacement current
CBSE Class 12 Videos
Unit 6 Optics
- Lens formula
- Lens-Maker’s Formula
- Refraction at convex surfaces
- Refractive Index Minimum deviation in Prism
- Young double slit experiment
- Diffraction using single slit
- Minimum deviation in Prism
Unit 7 Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Relation between cut off potential, frequency of the incident photon and threshold frequency
- De Broglie relation
CBSE Class 12 Physics 2017 Sample Paper
Unit 8 Atoms and Nuclei
- Expression of radius in hydrogen like atoms
- N = N0 e‒λt
Unit 9 Electronic Devices
- Common base transistor amplifier
- Common emitter transistor amplifier
Unit 10 Communication System
- Amplitude modulation and frequency modulation
These are important some of the important derivations from all the units of CBSE Class 12th Physics which are likely to be asked in coming board exam. While preparing for CBSE Class 12th Physics board exam student should given priority to above mentioned topics.
CBSE Class 12 Tips & Strategies