India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers January 2013, January 14-January 20
The Quiz that follows here are prepared with reference of the recent happenings of India
The Quiz that follows here are prepared with reference of the recent happenings of India. It revolves around the big decisions taken, enforcement of President’s rule in Jharkhand and many more incidences. To know more and test your preparations solve the quizzes that follow.
1. The centre of excellence which specializes in reading the weather conditions of the space and helps the air traffic on their polar routes is scheduled to come up in which city and by when. The space weather reading centre in Kolkata will be first of its kind and is approved by Union HRD Ministry.
a) Kolkata by mid 2013
b) Bangalore by January 2013
c) Bhopal by end of 2013
d) Mumbai by mid 2013
Answer: (a) Kolkata by mid 2013
2. India for the continuous second year reported no fresh cases of Polio. How many more year of success with zero fresh cases of polio, would win India a status of polio free nation, in 2014.
a) Three year
b) All ready won the status
c) One year
d) Five years
Answer: (c) One year
3. When and by which body was the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, the Pulse Polio Immunization (PPI) Program was initiated in India with the aim of eradicating it completely from the country.
a) In 1987 and was a program of United Nation
b) In 2000 and was a program of World Health Organization's (WHO)
c) In 1995 and was a program of World Health Organization's (WHO)
d) In 1990 and was a program of UNESCO
Answer: (c) In 1995 and was a program of World Health Organization's (WHO)
4. The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Food and Consumer Affairs in January 2013 suggested the entitlement of the food under the National Food Security Act to the what percent population and left behind what percentage of people, who are tax-payers and have pucca houses of their own?
a) 60 percent population is entitled with it and 40 percent is kept out from the plan
b) 58 percent population is entitled with it and 42 percent is kept out from the plan
c) 67 percent population is entitled with it and 33 percent is kept out from the plan
d) 55 percent population is entitled with it and 45 percent is kept out from the plan
Answer: (c) 67 percent population is entitled with it and 33 percent are kept out from the plan
5. President of India recently enforced President’s rule in Jharkhand. Which of the below mentioned statement in relation to the enforcement of the President’s rule is true.
i. The former Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Arjun Munda resigned from the office after his government was concentrated to minority after the withdrawal of support of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM)
ii. Provisions in case of failure of constitutional machinery in States – the President’s Rule can be imposed in case of failure of constitutional machinery in States under Article 356.
iii. Failure of the Constitutional machinery was the result of the agreement of the two parties in made during the formation of the coalition government
iv. None of these
a) Only Statement i, ii, and iii are true
b) Only Statement i is true
c) Only Statement ii and iii are true
d) Statement iv is true
Answer: (a) Only Statement i, ii, and iii are true
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .