Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Banglore invites applications from young, bright, and highly motivated individuals for filling up the following posts of Engineer, Project Scientist and Project Trainee. Post of Engineer is regular and rest all are on temporary/ contract basis. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 03 April 2014.
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 03 April 2014.
Details of Posts
Engineer – ‘B’: 03 Posts
Project Scientist - I: 03 Posts
Project Trainee: 01 Post
- Masters’ Degree or BE/ B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Instrumentation or equivalent, from a recognized University/ Institute (or Computer Science for position at Hanle).
- M.Sc (Physics) with minimum of first class from a recognized University.
- B.Sc (Physics) with computer skills or BCA with minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- Age limit for the candidate should be below 35 years for post 1 & 2.
- Age limit for the candidate should be below 25 years for post 3.
Pay Scale/ Salary
- Pay Band is PB – 3 and Pay Scale of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- plus Grade Pay Rs. 5,400/- Per Month for Post 1.
- Consolidated Salary of Rs. 35,000/- plus House Rent Allowance for Post 2.
- Consolidated Remuneration of Rs. 18,000/- Per Month (inclusive of all) for Post 3.
Place of Posting
- Selected candidates will be posted at two different station. Two positions for Gauribidanur (Karnataka) and position for Handle (J&K) for post1.
- Selected candidates will be posted at Banglore for post 2.
- Selected candidates will be posted at Kodaikanal for post 3.
Tenure of Appointment
- Selected candidate will be on a probation for a period of two years and will be continued on regular appointment subject to satisfactory performance during the probationary period for post 1.
- The appointment of Project Scientist is purely on temporary/contract basis and the tenure of the post is for a period of Three Years and extendable by one year subject to requirement of the Institute.
- The appointment of Project Trainee is only a temporary study program for imparting training and the tenure of the training program is for a period One year and extendable by another year subject satisfactory performance of the candidate.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed format along with attested photocopies of relevant testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ ST/ OBC) and Demand Draft must reach to the Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore – 560 034 on or before 03 April 2014.
- A recent passport size photograph should be affix in the space provided on the application form.
- Candidates already employed in Central Govt./ State Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)/ Departmental candidates should submit their applications through proper channel.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.