The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay invites applications on prescribed application form from the eligible candidates for the following Positions are available in the following projects. The positions are temporary initially for a period of one year and tenable only for the duration of project. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, the second in the chain of IITs, was set up in 1958. It was the first IIT to be set up with foreign assistance.
• Last Date of Submission of Applications : 31 December 2013.
Details of Posts
Teach 10000 Teachers Project (T 10K T)
Computer Science & Engineering
• Senior Software Engineer (SSE): 02 Posts
• Junior Software Engineer (JSE): 14 Posts
• Software Engineer (SE): 04 Posts
• Senior Technical Assistant (STA): 05 Posts
• Technical Assistant (TA): 05 Posts
Dual Connectivity LTE – Wifi Solution for Broadband Wireless Networks
Test – Bed for Affordable Broadband in India using Backhaul in TV White Space
• Project Research Scientist (PRS): 02 Pos
• Project Research Engineer (PRE): 03 Posts
Development of Dependency Tree Bank for Indian Languages
Humanities & Social Sciences
• Senior Linguist (SLG): 01 Post.
• Linguist (LG): 02 Posts.
• Senior Technical Assistant (STA): 01 Post
• Technical Assistant (TA): 01 Post
• Language Editor (LE): 02 Posts
• E. Inkjet Printed Flexible Thin Film Transistors
• Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Sciences
• Junior Research Fellow (JRF): 01 Post.
Educational Qualification & Experience
• SSE, JSE and SE: B.E/ B.Tech/ or M.Sc/ MCA/ M.Tech/equivalent or PG Diploma in IT/ CS from reputed institutes.
• STA : Any Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma or Engineering degree or equivalent. Bachelors Degree (non- Engineering). Excellent subject knowledge in the respective field.
• TA : Graduate in Science/ Computer Applications/ equivalent or Any Graduate having Diploma in IT/ CS.
• PRS : Ph. D in EE/ CS (or M. Tech from reputed institute like IIT, IISc etc with 4-5 years experience) with wireless communications / telecommunications background, preferably in the domain of wireless protocols, packet scheduling and/or performance modeling.
• PRE: M. Tech. in EE/ CS with good academic credentials and experience in wireless communications.
• SLG : M. Phil./ Ph. D or equivalent in Language/ Linguistics/ Language Technology.
• LG: M. A. or equivalent in Language/ Linguistics/ Language Technology.
Knowledge of Paninian Grammar. (Desirable) and Experience in Language Technology (for SLG and LG).
• STA: Ph. D, M. Tech, MCA with experience.
• TA: B. Tech, BCA, M. Sc.
• LE: Bachelor Degree and Knowledge of data entry in Unicode.
• JRF : Bachelors in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Chemical Engg. An experience in printing techniques is good but not desirable.
Consolidated Salary Per Month.
• Rs. 42,000/- for SSE.
• Rs. 21,000/- for JSE and STA.
• Rs. 28,000/- for SE.
• Rs. 14,000/- for TA.
• Rs. 48,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- for PRS.
• Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 35,000/- for PRE.
• Rs. 25,000/- for SLG and STA (for Project ‘D’).
• Rs. 18,000/- for LG and TA (for Project ‘D’).
• Rs. 12,000/- for LE.
• Rs. 16,000/- for JRF.
How to Apply
• The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
• Candidate should apply online at http://www.ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/HRMSLoginPage.jsp
• Candidates can apply for multiple positions with separate Application Form for each position.
• The postal address to send the application is at Assistant Registrar (R & D Office), IRCC Wing, SJMSOM Building, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai – 400 076.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Interviews, which is conducted by the administration.
Refer the below link for complete details.