Indian Navy invited applications from final year engineering students for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in Executive (GS) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive and Technical Branches under University Entry Scheme (UES), for course commencing June 2015. Eligible candidates may apply online on or before 5 August 2014.
The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the armed forces of India. The President of India serves as the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy. The primary objective of the navy is to secure national maritime borders.
- Opening date for Online Application Forms: 5 July 2014
- Closing date for Online Application Forms: 5 August 2014
Detail of Vacancies
Name of post: Commissioned Officers
Name of Branch/Cadre:
- EXECUTIVE BRANCH: General Service (X), Pilot, Observer, IT, Logistics (Works)
- TECHNICAL BRANCH: Engineering Branch, Electrical Branch and Naval Architecture (NA)
- SUBMARINE/ TECHNICAL: Engineering Branch and Electrical Branch
Educational Qualification: Candidate should be B.E/B.Tech in concerned discipline.
Age Limit: Candidate age must be between 19 to 24 years as on 1 July 2015 (i.e. born between 02 Jul 1991 to 01 Jul 1996 both dates inclusive).
Candidates will be selected by following:
- Interview by Naval Campus Selection Team.
- After passing interview candidates will be shortlisted for SSB interview on the basis of his/her preference for the entry, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for particular entry.
- Candidates shortlisted during campus interview will be called for SSB interview at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam between Dec 2014 to Apr 2015.
- The interview is of two stages. Stage I consists of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and GD. Stage II consists of Psychological tests, Group task tests and interview.
- Finally candidates will be put to Medical Examination.
- The final selection of Branch/Cadre will be decided by IHQ-MoD (Navy) depending on number of vacancies in particular Branch/Cadre.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates can apply online through www.nausena-bharti.nic.in website before 5 August 2014.
- Candidate should take printout of this Application Form having the system generated Application Number. The copy of this application form is to be submitted to the Campus Selection Team of Indian Navy at the time of campus interview.