The Institute of Home Economics invited applications for recruitment of 48 Assistant Professor Vacancies in various subjects. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement. The Institute of Home Economics was founded in 1961. It is a premier college of the University of Delhi.
- Opening Date of Application Forms: 15 March 2014
- Closing Date of Application Forms: within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement
Details of Post
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
Name of the Subject:
- Biochemistry: 5
- Botany: 2
- Chemistry: 2
- Economics: 1
- Elementary Education: 5
- English: 1
- Hindi: 1
- Microbiology: 4
- Physics: 2
- Psychology: 1
- Zoology: 1
- Home Science
- Food & Nutrition: 7
- Food Technology: 1
- Fabric & Apparel Science: 4
- Resource Management: 4
- Communication & Extension: 4
- Human Development: 3
Total No. of Posts: 21
- Biochemistry: M.Sc. in Biochemistry.
- Botany: M.Sc. in Botany.
- Chemistry: M.Sc. in Chemistry.
- Economics: Masters in Economics.
- Elementary Education: M.A. or M.Sc. in Maths and post-graduate professional degree in Education.
- English: Masters in English.
- Hindi: Masters in Hindi.
- Microbiology: M.Sc. in Microbiology or Biotechnology.
- Physics: M.Sc. in Physics.
- Psychology: Masters in Psychology.
- Zoology: Masters in Zoology.
- Food & Nutrition: Masters Degree in Food & Nutrition – Specialization in Basic and Advanced Nutrition or Therapeutic Nutrition or Institutional Food Administration or Food Science and Processing.
- Food Technology: M.A or M.Tech, Ph.D Specialization in Veg & Fruit processing/Meat and Milk/Food Engineering/ Food Packing.
- Fabric & Apparel Science: Master degree in Textile and Clothing or Fabric and Apparel Science. Expertise in Fashion, Apparel Design & Construction or Computer Aided Design.
- Resource Management: Master Degree in Resource Management /CRME/RMDA/P.G Diploma in Interior Design & Decoration and Expertise in Architecture.
- Communication & Extension: Master degree in DCE/CRME/Extension/Gender Studies/Mass Communication.
- Human Development: Master degree in Child Development or Human Development and Expertise in Child hood Disability, Child rights, Gender Studies.
- Candidates will be required to pay a demand draft of Rs. 250/- (in case of SC/ST candidates Rs.100/-) drawn in favour of Director, Institute of Home Economics.
- No fee for PWD candidates.
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600-39100 + GP Rs.6000/-
Selection can be done on the basis of performance in Written Test and interview.
How to Apply
- Candidates may apply through prescribed application format.
- The application complete in all respects along with DD, self-attested photocopies of all certificates and mark-sheets from Matriculations onwards in support of age, academic qualification, experience, medals, fellowship, publications etc should be sent to the Director, Institute of Home Economics (University of Delhi) F-4 Hauz Khas Enclave, New Delhi-110016 within 21 days of the date of advertisement.