Joint Entrance Exam has been announced by Central Board of Secondary Education and the application form of JEE Main 2018 will begin from December 1, 2017. CBSE introduces some of the other changes to JEE Main such as changes in exam modes, languages, centres, pattern, eligibility etc. This year also, CBSE has made some changes in the overall structure of JEE Main. Check the changes in JEE Main 2018 –
1. The number of candidates for JEE Advanced 2018 – The number of candidates to be shortlisted for JEE Advanced 2018 has been increased to 2, 24, 000. Earlier, only 2, 00, 000 were eligible for taking JEE Advanced.
2. Number of Participating Institutes – Earlier, there were 23 Indian Institutes of Information Technology and 20 Centrally Funded Institute of Technology (CFTI). But, this year the IIITs have been reduced to 20 i.e. 3 IIITs would not be participating in IIT JEE 2018. And, 2 more CFTIs have been added so, this year there will be 22 CFTIs participating in IIT JEE.
3. Changes in JEE Main Application Form 2018 – This year, candidates applying for JEE Main 2018 have to upload their Parent/Guardian’s signature copy (jpg format) mandatorily, or their application form won’t be accepted. Earlier, CBSE has made candidates’Aadhaar card mandatory for JEE Main Application.
4. Changes in Number of Exam Centres of JEE Main 2018 - CBSE has added test centres for JEE Main exam in India as well as outside India. This year, JEE Main will be held at 258 centres i.e. 145 more exam centres have been facilitated for JEE Main candidates this year. Last year JEE Main was held at 113 exam centres across India. Also, JEE Main 2018 exam centres outside India have been increased to 10 by including Qatar in the list; last year JEE Main exam centres outside India were 9.
5. Changes in Test Medium of JEE Main 2018– This year JEE Main will be held in English and Hindi medium for all exam centres except for Gujarat, Daman & Diu as well as Dadra and Nagar Haveli, where it will be conducted in English, Hindi and Gujarati languages. Last year, JEE Main was conducted in Gujarati, Marathi as well as Urdu medium.