The admissions to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) courses of Punjab Engineering College (PEC) will be conducted jointly with five other technical institutes of the region. The whole procedure is governed by a Joint Admission Committee (JAC) notified by the Chandigarh Administration. The participating institutes under JAC are:
- PEC University of Technology (formerly Punjab Engineering College), Chandigarh.
- University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh.
- Swami Sarvanand Giri Panjab University Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur.
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh.
Through JEE MAIN:
The admission in all the above mentioned participating institutes will be based on the scores of JEE MAIN conducted in the respective year and the marks in the class XII in the ratio of 60:40.
Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) is a scheme of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Admissions of Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) in Engineering/Architecture/Planningare are done under the 'DASA'scheme. DASA scheme includes National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs), and other premier Technical Institutions in India.
- Only candidates born on or after October 01st, 1990 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities only will be taken as authentic.
- Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination, i.e. Senior Secondary [10+2] or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidate should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND/OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Candidate must have secured a minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks (average of all subjects of qualifying examination taken together) or 6.75 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent in the qualifying examination. Incase, CGPA on a different scale is awarded OR if only grades are awarded, percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities will only be considered. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination with the above-mentioned subjects in the academic year 2013-14 and expecting their final results latest by September 15, 2015 may also apply.
- Candidate should have a minimum total valid score of 1440 in Scholastic Aptitude test (SAT) Subject Tests (Subjects: Mathematics Level 2, Physics and Chemistry).
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering