Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry invited applications from eligible candidates for Recruitment to the Posts of Professor and Assistant Professor. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 14 March 2014. JIPMER is one of the top five medical schools in India. It is located at Pondicherry, the capital of the union territory of Puducherry.
Last date for receipt of application forms: 14 March 2014
Details of Vacancy
Name of the post
- Professor: 22 posts
- Assistant professor: 39 posts
Total No. of Posts: 61 posts
- Professor: Candidate’s age should not exceed 58 years as on closing date.
- Assistant professor: Candidate’s age should not exceed 50 years as on closing date.
- For Super Specialty and Broad Specialty posts: A Medical qualification included in the I or II Schedule or Part II of the third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act of 1956 and Postgraduate qualification, e.g. MD or MS or a recognized qualification equivalent thereto in the respective discipline or subject; and/or D.M. in respective discipline or subject for Medical super-specialties and M.Ch. in respective discipline or subject for surgical super-specialties (two years or three years or five years recognized course) or a qualification recognized equivalent thereto.
- For Non-Medical posts: Post Graduate Qualifications, e.g.; Master Degree in the Discipline or allied subjects and a Doctorate (PhD) Degree from a recognized University/institute.
General and OBC Candidates need to pay the fee of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/ for SC/ST category) through Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Accounts Officer, JIPMER, Puducherry payable at State Bank of India, JIPMER Branch, Puducherry-605006.
- Professor: Rs. 37400 to 67000 + AGP- Rs. 10,000
- Assistant professor: Rs. 15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs. 8,000
Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Personal interview.
How to Apply
- Candidates have to apply in prescribed format which can be downloading from JIPMER website (www.jipmer.edu.in).
- The application complete in all respects along with DD, attested copies of all certificates, Mark Sheets, evidence of teaching, research experience, copies of reprints of published articles, certificate containing the record of date of birth, etc. should be sent to the Director, Danvanthri Nagar Post, JIPMER, Puducherry – 605 006 on or before 14 March 2014.