Karnataka University, Dharwad invited applications for recruitment to the post of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the Postgraduate Departments, K.U. Dharwad/Karwar/Gadag /Haveri and in Constituent Colleges of the University. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 11 February 2014.
Karnataka University was established at Dharwad in October 1949. It had its official inauguration in March 1950. The campus spans 750 acres. The university has three faculties: arts, science and social science. Medical science and engineering were also part of this faculty. However, the Government of Karnataka established Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences for Medical Science and Visvesvaraya Technological University for engineering.
Last date for receipt of application forms: 11 February 2014
Details of Vacancy
Name of the post
Geography: 1 post
2. Associate professor
Commerce: 2 posts
3. Assistant professor (PG)
- Kannada: 4 posts
- Commerce: 4 posts
- Computer Science: 2 posts
- English: 1 post
- Genetics: 2 posts
- Criminology: 2 posts
- Sociology: 2 posts
- Management: 2 posts
- Mathematics: 1 post
- Ambedkar Studies: 1 post
- Urdu: 1 post
- Journalism & Mass Communication: 1 post
- Biochemistry: 2 posts
- Social Work: 2 posts
- Biotechnology: 2 posts
4. Assistant professor (UG)
- Commerce: 1 post
- Computer Science: 2 posts
- English: 3 posts
Total No. of Posts: 38 posts
- Professor: An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned/allied /relevant discipline; published work of high quality; actively engaged in research, with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- Associate professor: Good academic record with Ph.D. Degree in the concerned / allied / relevant disciplines and Master Degree with minimum 55% marks.
- Assistant professor: Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with minimum 55% marks and must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET
General& OBC candidates need to pay a crossed D.D. for Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for SC, ST and Cat-I candidates) as processing fees drawn in favour of the FINANCE OFFICER, KARNATAK UNIVERSITY, DHARWAD.
- Professor: Rs. 37400 to 67000 + AGP- Rs. 10,000
- Associate professor: Rs. 37400 to 67000 + AGP- Rs. 9, 000
- Assistant professor: Rs. 15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs. 6,000
How to Apply
- Candidates have to apply in prescribed format which can be downloading from University website www.kud.ac.in
- The application complete in all respects along with DD, attested copies of all certificates, Mark Sheets, evidence of teaching, research experience, copies of reprints of published articles, certificate containing the record of date of birth, etc. should be sent to the “REGISTRAR, KARNATAK UNIVERSITY, DHARWAD- 580003”, on or before 11 February 2014