Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies invited applications for recruitment to the post for Research Fellow, Project Scientist, Technical Assistant, Data Entry Operator and Field Assistant. The candidates eligible for the post can walk in for the interview on 16 August 2016.
Advertisement No: GA5/3703/2016
Walk in Interview Date: 16 August 2016
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies Vacancy Details:
- Research Fellow (Centre for Nutritional Research) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (Centre for Nutritional Research) – 01 Post
- Research Fellow (Fish and Prawn Seed Bank)– 02 Posts
- Technical Assistant (Fish and Prawn Seed Bank)– 01 Post
- Research Fellow (Aquaculture Genetics and Biotechnology) – 01 Post
- Research Fellow ( brackish water and Marine Species) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant ( brackish water and Marine Species) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (Biofloc Technology) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (Data Entry Operator) -01 Post
- Project Scientist (Sustainable Aquaculture systems) – 01 Post
- Research Fellow (Sustainable Aquaculture systems) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (Soil Analysis Laboratory) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (Inland aquatic organisms) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (automatic weather station climate) – 01 Post
- Project Scientist (Marine Organisms) – 01 Post
- Research Fellow (Farmed basa and conservation of processing waste into fish feed) – 02 Posts
- Research Fellow (E-Coli from sea foods based on their major virulent factors) – 02 Posts
- Technical Assistant (Data Entry Operator) – 01 Posts
- Research Fellow (unethical/toxic preservatives in fresh/Chilled fish) – 02 Posts
- Technical Assistant (unethical/toxic preservatives in fresh/Chilled fish) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (socio Economic Status of Fisher Folk) -01 Post
- Technical Assistant (Inland Fishery Database) – 02 Posts
- Research Fellow (Inland Fishery Database) -01 Post
- Research Fellow (DoR) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (DoR) – 01 Post
- Field Assistant (DoR) – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (DoE) – 01 Post
- Research Fellow (CMLRE) - 02 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for Research Fellow and Other Posts
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
Project Scientist (Prof. Alikunhi chair) :candidate should have Ph.D. in Fishery Science/ Marine Biology/Ocean Sciences/ Aquatic Health Management/ Aquatic Biology/Fisheries/ Zoology.
Project Scientist (Bioactive project): candidate should have Ph. D. in Life Sciences/ Molecular biology/ Biochemistry/ Chemistry and related fields.
Research Fellows in projects under Schools of Fisheries Resource Management & Harvest Technology, School of Aquaculture and Biotechnology and School of Management & Entrepreneurship: candidate should have M. FSc all branches; M Sc Marine Biology/ Aquaculture/ Industrial Fisheries/ Biological Oceanography and Biodiversity/ Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, Zoology and related fields
Research Fellow in project : candidate should have Aquaculture Genetics and biotechnology: M.Sc Biotechnology/ Marine Biology/ M F Sc with specialization in genetics and breeding (experience in molecular biology techniques).
Research Fellow in Project on Rapid detection of different pathotypes of E. coli : candidate should have M.Sc Microbiology/Biotechnology Molecular Biology/ M.F.Sc in Fish Processing Technology.
Research Fellow in project on Rapid detection of unethical / toxic preservatives in fresh / chilled fish : candidate should have M. Sc Chemistry/Biochemistry.
Technical Assistant : candidate should have B. F. Sc/ P G degree in any branch of Fisheries science, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Zoology, Life Sciences, Biotechnology and related fields
Technical Assistant -soil and water analysis laboratory: candidate should have PG degree in Chemistry / Marine Chemistry
Technical Assistant –Automatic weather station: candidate should have PG Degree in Meteorology
Technical Assistant (Data Entry Operator): candidate should have Degree in Computer Science (Experience in data entry operation/ certificate in data entry)
Field Assistant: candidate should have 10+2 level of education preferably in the biology stream.
Research Fellow in EAP: candidate should have M.F.Sc or M.Sc in Marine Biology/ Zoology/ Aquaculture/Aquatic Biology and Fisheries or equivalent degree.
How to Apply for Research Fellow and Other Posts:
Candidate can walk in for the interview at ‘KUFOS Headquarters, Panangad P.O, Madavana, Ernakulam ‘ on or before 16 August 2016.