AIMA conducts MAT four times in a year for admission to MBA Programs in many colleges. Find here the Solved English Language section from XAT 2013 paper. There are 40 questions in the section. It has five reading comprehension passages, questions on Sentence arrangement and Vocabulary based questions.
Directions (Qs. 1 to 4): In the following questions the word at the top is used in four different usages. Choose the option in which the usage of the word is incorrect or inappropriate.
(1) The manufacturers are really pushing this new shampoo.
(2) He has difficulty pushing his feeling into words.
(3) We should be able to move this table if we push it together.
(4) She pushed through the crowd saying that she was a doctor.
(1) Our telephone line is down due to the heavy rain last night.
(2) The students were standing in a line for the Morning Prayer.
(3) His coat is lined with silk.
(4) The teacher cut off his name from the line of Scholarship Awards.
(1) She is clever & intelligent & will go far in her life.
(2) We went for a drive but we couldn’t go far.
(3) I can’t remain without far for a long time.
(4) So far everything has gone well with our theatre.
(1) She could not master the courage to tell her friend about her loss.
(2) She quickly mastered the art of interviewing people.
(3) The terrorist was a master of disguise.
(4) He is the master of his house.