National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar, founded in 1967 as a Regional Engineering College (REC), Silchar is one amongst the prestigious institutions. It invited applications from the eligible candidates for admission to two year full time MBA course for the session 2013-15.
Name of the Programme
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Deadline to receive completed application form at NIT Silchar: 10 June 2013
- Display of List of eligible candidates for Group Discussion & Personal Interview: 25 June 2013
- Date of Group discussion: 4 July 2013
- Personal interview conducts on: 5 July to 6 July 2013
- Declaration of Final result: 8 July 2013
- Date of admission (tentative): 23 July 2013
- Session commences (tentative): 25 July 2013
- Admission seekers must possess Graduation degree in Science/Humanities/Technology or equivalent in relevant area with a minimum of 50% marks or 5.5 in CPI/CGPA on 10 point scale (45% marks or 5 CGPA/ CPI for SC/ST/PWD category).
- Aspirants appearing for their final year degree examination are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have valid score card of CAT/ MAT/ CMAT (2012-13 only )
The admission of the applicants will be done through the following three stages:
- Stage1- Short listing of candidates on the basis of academic performance and performance of the candidates in the entrance test (CAT/MAT/CMAT)
- Stage 2- Performance in Group Discussion (GD)
- Stage 3- Performance in Personal Interview (PI)
Admission seekers who clear the stage 1 will be called for Stage 2 and 3. The final selection will be based on academic career and scores secured in entrance test, GD and PI by the candidates.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 500/ 300 (as applicable) and should be remitted in the form of Demand Draft in favour of “Director, NIT Silchar”, payable at State Bank of India, NIT, Silchar Branch.
How to Apply
- Admission seekers should download the prescribed application format from the website of the institute.
- Candidates must fill the application and attach requisite documents and DD.
- Completed application along with all enclosures in an envelope super scribed with "Application for Admission into MBA - 2013" should reach to the undersigned by speed/ registered post within the stipulated time span:
Head of the Department
Department of Management Studies
National Institute of Technology
Aspirants should also Read