National School of Drama, New Delhi, an Autonomous institute under Ministry of Culture, GOI, has announced admission notification for a 3 year Diploma in Dramatic Arts Course for the academic session 2014.
Course Name: Diploma Course in Dramatic Arts
Course Duration: 3 Years
Dates for obtaining Application form and Prospectus from the Institute: 15 March 2014 till 15 April 2014
Date for Downloading Application form from the Website: 20 March 2014
Last date to submit Complete Application form: 15 April 2014
- Graduation in any subject from a recognized university in India and abroad
- Participation in at least 6 theatre productions
- Working knowledge of Hindi and English
- Age Limit: Minimum 20 years maximum 30 years (as on 01st July, 2014)
An expert committee constituted by the School will assess the aptitude and talent of the candidates and its decision will be final.
Note: Any Canvassing in this regard will be treated as a disqualification
Preliminary Test for NSD: A preliminary test/audition will be conducted at five centres, Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Guwahati
The candidates qualifying in this test will have to attend a workshop of 4 or 5 days in the NSD premises for final selection
Financial Assistance: All selected students will be awarded scholarship of Rs 6000/- p.m. to meet their academic and other expenses.
Physical Fitness: The students selected for admission will have to undergo a medical test for physical fitness at NSD, New Delhi
Obtaining Application Form & Prospectus:
1. To receive the application form and prospectus (English/Hindi) by post, write to the Academic Section, National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi-110001 along with a crossed demand draft/pay order, payable at Delhi of Rs 225/- (Rs two hundred twenty five only) including postal charges in favour of the Director, National School of Drama, New Delhi.
2. The application form can also be downloaded from the School website www.nsd.gov.in from 20th March 2014 onward.
How to Apply
The downloaded application form must be sent along with a demand draft of Rs.150/- in favour of the Director, National School of Drama, New Delhi in an envelope titled Applications for Admission 2014-17
Application forms duly filled in and complete in all respects must reach the Academic Section, National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi-110001 on or before 15th April, 2014
National School of Drama New Delhi
Bahawalpur House, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi-110001