National Institute of Technology (NIT) Durgapur, West Bengal invites applications from eligible candidates, who fulfilling the requisite criteria for filling up the following below mentioned posts of “Assistant Professor” on Contractual or Regular Basis under ‘Special Recruitment Drive for SC, ST, OBC & PWD Candidates’. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 31 October 2014.
Last Date for Submission of Application : 31 October 2014
Details of Posts
Name of Post : “Assistant Professor”
No. of Posts : 59 (Fifty Nine)
Details of Posts:
- Biotechnology: 04
- Chemical Engg.: 02
- Civil Engg.: 04
- Computer Science: 09
- Computer Application: 01
- Earth And Environmental Studies: 01
- Electrical Engg.: 09
- Electronics and Communication Engg.:09
- Humanities and Social Sciences: 02
- Information Technology: 03
- Management Studies: 02
- Mechanical Engineering: 09
- Metallurgical and Materials Engg: 04
Educational Qualification :
Good Academic Record with Ph.D Degree in the relevant subject.
Age Limit :
Age Limit and Age relaxation for the category candidates should be as per Govt. rules.
Pay Scale/ Salary :
- For Contractual Posts :
- Pay Band (PB – 3) and Pay Scale of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6,000/- Per Month with ‘No Experience’.
- Pay Band (PB – 3) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 7,000/- Per Month with relevant experience of 01 year.
- Pay Band (PB – 3) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8,000/- Per Month with relevant experience of 03 year.
- For Regular Posts :
Application Fee :
- Application Fee (Non- refundable) is of Rs. 600/- (Six Hundred only) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “NIT Durgapur”, payable at SBI, R.E. College Branch Durgapur.
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women candidates are exempted from the fee payment.
Selection Procedure :
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Personal Interview, which will be conducted by the administration.
How to Apply:
- Interested Candidates may apply in the prescribed formatalong with attested photo copies of the relevant certificates/ testimonials in support of date of birth, qualifications, experience, category (SC/ ST/ PWD), etc. with a recent Passport size Photograph which should be affix on the application form (if reqd.) and Demand Draft may be forwarded to the “Registrar, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, Durgapur – 713 209 West Bengal” on or before 31 October 2014.