Take the science and technology as well as environment and ecology quiz to understand about the subject in a better way. By taking these quizzes, you will be able to prepare yourself well for your competitive exams. No matter what kind of competitive exams you are preparing for, taking these quizzes will help you in all the ways. If the subject of Science and technology or Environment and Ecology amuses you, take the quiz to settle your excitement!
1. Astronomers studying about the newborn star called HD 142527, observed glimpses of the planets which were forming around it, depicting the stage of planetary evolution which was never seen before. Which telescope helped to observe these planets?
a) Large Binocular Telescope
b) Gemini South
c) Hale Telescope (200 inch)
d) Atacama Large Millimetre /submillimeter Array
Answer: (d) Atacama Large Millimetre /submillimeter Array
2. A team of researchers including that of an Indian-origin, at Oregon State University discovered in the first week of January 2013, one malfunctioning protein which leads to itchy, dry as well as inflamed skin wounds in a kind of eczema. What is the name of this protein?
Answer: (c) Ctip2
3. Scientists claimed that the 2-billion year old dark black rock, called Northwest Africa (NWA) 7034 or Black Beauty is actually new kind of Martian meteorite which contains 10 times excess water than the normal. Where did this rock land in 2011?
d) None of these
Answer: (b) Sahara
4. Astronomers studying about the newborn star observed glimpses of the planets which were forming around it. Astronomers were studying the HD 142527 which is __________ away from the Earth. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option:
a) 450 light years
b) 350 light years
c) 250 light years
d) 150 light years
Answer: (a) 450 light years
5. Which largest mountain glacier of the world was claimed to have been reduced to 5.9 km in its longitudinal extent from the time period of 1989 to 2009 because of increasing temperatures and presence of humans?
Answer: (d) Siachen