The science and technology current affairs quiz here will help you in judging your preparation for the competitive exams. The science and technology quizzes here help you in ascertaining whether you know everything about the science and technology section or not. Take the quiz to know about your performance for the competitive exams.
1. Scientists at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, US and Karolinska Institute in Sweden got a genetic get through into the main cause of arthritis. What, according to the scientists could be used for predicting the person who could potentially be at a risk of this disease?
a) Simple X-Ray
b) Simple Blood test
c) Simple Diagnosis
d) None of these
Answer: (b) Simple Blood Test
2. A team at Intel, the computer hardware firm created a device, which is said to allow which renowned physicist of the world to communicate faster than before?
a) Nikola Tesla
b) Antoine Henri Becquerel
c) Max Planck
d) Stephen Hawking
Answer: (d) Stephen Hawking
3. The researchers from EMBL- European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) in January 2013 developed a new method that allows storage of 100 million hours of high definition video in a cup of DNA. Which of the following statements is true in context to this?
a) The scientists in Cambridge downloaded all the 154 sonnets of Wordsworth on the strands of the synthetic DNA, a genetic storage device have been used.
b) Scientists were successful in encoding the information and reproduction of the Brad’s words with complete accuracy.
c) One sonnet from Shakespeare weighs 0.3 millionths of a millionth of a gram when written on the DNA and thus a gram of the DNA can easily store information that more than one million of compact disks (CDs) can store.
d) Scientists claimed that the genes can be used as the robust way to store information as the information once stored in it can be extracted from the mammoth bones, even after tens of thousands of years.
Answer: (c) One sonnet from Shakespeare weighs 0.3 millionths of a millionth of a gram when written on the DNA and thus a gram of the DNA can easily store information that more than one million of compact disks (CDs) can store.
4. In which Indian zoo were the thirty one Black Bucks killed by the stray dogs on 19 January 2013?
a) Kanpur Zoo
b) Lucknow Zoo
c) Delhi Zoo
d) Patna Zoo
Answer: (a) Kanpur Zoo
5. Where was the Vulture Population Estimation-2013 conducted by the State Government?
a) Manas Tiger Reserve
b) Panna Tiger Reserve
c) Palamau Tiger Reserve
d) Pench Tiger Reserve
Answer: Panna Tiger Reserve
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers March 2013, March 4-March 10
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 25-March 3
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 18-February 24
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 11-February 17