SSC CGL solved question paper Tier-I exam held on 28thAugust 2016: General Intelligence & Reasoning
find all 25 solved questions of General Intelligence & Reasoning asked in SSC CGL tier-1 exam held on 28thAugust, 2016 (Morning shift) here in this article-
In this article, we have shared all 25 solved questions of General Intelligence & Reasoning asked in SSC CGL tier-1 exam held on 28thAugust, 2016 (Morning shift). Please find the questions distribution in the table given below-
From the above table, we can conclude that questions are fairly distributed from all the important topics of General Intelligence & Reasoning. No topic is remained untouched. However, questions asked from analogy, series, odd one out, and mathematical operations were in higher numbers. Hence, from this perspective, we can say that a holistic approach must be opted for the upcoming SSC CGL exams.
1. Select the related word/letters/numbers from the given alternatives:
Electric Current : Ampere :: Weight : ?
Explanation:- second is the measurement unit of the first. Weight is measured in kilograms. Hence, option(b.) is the correct answer.
2. Select the related word/letters/numbers from the given alternatives:
ACXZ : BDWY :: CEVX : ?
Explanation:- Second string is obtained in (+1)(+1)(-1)(-1) manner. Hence, the corresponding string for CEVX will be DFUW.
3. Select the related word/letters/numbers from the given alternatives:
37 : 65 :: 50 : ?
Explanation:- 37= 6*6+1; 65= 8*8+1; 50 = 7*7+1; since, the squared number is +2 from the previous squared number. Hence, the required number= 9*9+1=82.
4. Find the odd word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
Explanation:- All except diameter are the instrument to measure the physical quantities.
5. Find the odd word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
Explanation:- In the above options, second character is (-4) from the first character.
6. Find the odd word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
Explanation:- The difference between the pairs of numbers is 6 except 76-84, which is 8.
7. Arrange the following words as per their order in the dictionary
a.3, 4, 2, 5, 1
b.4, 2, 5, 1, 3
c.4, 1, 2, 5, 3
d.3, 4, 1, 2, 5
Ans. 3, 4, 1, 2, 5
Explanation:- The word will be in the following order in the English dictionary-
Embitter> Emblem> Embody> Embrace> Embroidery.
8. A series is given, with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
CBA, FED, IHG, LKJ, ?
Explanation:- if we reverse the order of each string in the problem series, then-
ABC, DEF, GHI, JKL, MNO; hence, the correct answer will be ONM.
9. A series is given, with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
6, 12, 36, 144, 720, 4320, ?
Explanation:- The series is a result of successive multiplication of 3, 4, 5, and 6 with the previous number. Hence, the required number will be 4320*7= 30240.
10. Introducing a woman, a man said "Her mother is the only daughter of my mother-in-law". How is the man related to the woman?
Explanation:- Considering the statement, the pointed woman’s mother will be his wife. Hence, the relationship between man and the woman will be as Father-Daughter.
11.Five children are standing in a row. O is third from M who is standing left of N, and P is on the left of Q who is second from N. What is the position of P from right?
Explanation:- Consider the standing order for each children as shown in the following table, the position of P will be second from right.
12.From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word:
Explanation:- The given word does not contain letter ‘R’. hence, option(d.) will be the correct answer.
13. If "GOAT" is coded as "HPBU", then how will "FROG" be coded as?
Explanation:- GOAT -------(+1) (+1) (+1) (+1)-------- HPBU;
Hence, FROG----------(+1) (+1) (+1) (+1)---------- GSPH;
14.In a certain code language, '@' represents '+' , '⊕' represents '-' , 'α' represents '÷' and 'θ' represents 'x' . Find out the answer to the following question:
8900α100⊕5θ4⊕121α11 = ?
Explanation:- substitute the symbols with their corresponding mathematical operands, we get-
= 8900 / 100 – 5 x 4 – 121 /11;
= 89 – 20 – 11= 58.
15. Some equations are solved on the basis of a certain system. On the same basis, find out the correct answer from amongst the four alternatives to the unsolved equation
1 × 2 × 3 = 231
3 × 4 × 5 = 453
5 × 6 × 7 = ?
Explanation:- By the given condition, we can infer that the answer is the combination of (II)(III)(I) positioned numbers. Hence, 5 x 6 x 7 = 675;
16. Select the missing numbers from the given alternatives-
Explanation:- 24 + 20 - 8= 36; 15 + 11 -8= 18; 55 + 40 -8= 87.
17. Rajneesh started walking towards North. He took a left turn after walking 20 metres. He again took a right turn after walking 30 metres. Which direction is he facing now?
Explanation:- If Rajneesh initially headed towards North and turn left & then right. Hence, he is in the initial direction, which in North.
18. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.
- All books are trees.
- All trees are lions.
- All books are lions.
- All lions are books.
- All trees are books
- Some lions are books.
a.Only conclusions I and III follow
b.Only conclusions I and IV follow
c.None of the conclusions follow
d.All conclusions follow
Ans. Only conclusions I and IV follow.
Explanation:- It is evident from the given figure that only I and IV conclusions follow.
19. In the given cube, which color is opposite to Blue?
Explanation:- The Dice is rotated anti-clockwise, while assigning color to them. The opposite color to the Blue will be the next second figure, which is Yellow.
20. Identify the relationship that best represents the relationship among classes given below:
Professors, Women and Clerks
Explanation:- A woman can be professor or clerk. However, A professor cannot be clerk.
21.Which answer figure will complete the pattern in the figure?
Explanation:- the solution for this problem will be the mirror image of the second quadrant. Hence, option(d.) is the correct answer.
22. From the given answer figures, select the one in which the figure is hidden/embedded
Explanation:- Superimpose the problem image on every optional image. Hence, option(b.) is the correct answer.
23.A piece of paper is folded and cut as shown below in the figures. From the given answer figures, indicate how it will appear when opened.
Explanation:- Reverse the given problem and you will get the correct answer.
24.If a mirror is placed on the line MN, then which of the answer figures is the right image of the given figure?
Explanation:- in mirror image, the object is inverted to 180 degrees clockwise. Hence, option(d.) is the correct answer.
25. A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered from 0 to 4 and that of Matrix II are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column, e.g., 'D' can be represented by 01, 13, etc., and 'H' can be represented by 55, 67, etc. Similarly you have to identify the set for the word 'LIKE'
a.56, 58, 03, 02
b.57, 65, 62, 02
c.56, 62, 03, 02
d.57, 68, 40, 02
Ans. 57, 65, 62, 02
Explanation:- Let us find the corresponding numbers from the matrix for LIKE-
L= 57, 69, 76, 85, 98;
I= 58, 65, 77, 86, 99;
K= 56, 68, 75, 89, 97;
E= 02, 14, 21, 30, 43;
Hence, option (b.) is the correct answer.