Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts graduate level exam for recruitment to various posts in central government departments/ministries. The examination is conducted at different centers across the country. The whole examination process comprises three Tiers. While the Tier I and Tier II consist of written tests, the Tier III constitutes Personality Test cum Interview/Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test and Document Verification, as per posts requirement. The Tier I Exam Question Paper will include 200 multiple choice objective type questions. Each section will have 50 questions with negative marking of .25 marks for each wrong answer. Here are some tips and strategies related to English Language, which will help the students to score well in the examination.
English Language Section is included in SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam to test your English language ability.
• The candidates should have good knowledge of rules of Grammar and its correct usage in right perspective
• Questions from the topics like Reading Comprehensions, Sentence Arrangement, Synonyms, Antonyms, spelling test, common error, fillers etc are being asked
• The rules of part of speech must be understood well as they are highly required to solve grammar part
• Vocabulary of candidates should also be strong to answer synonyms and antonyms.• The candidate should give attention to the various exceptions to the grammatical rules also.
• They should have good reading ability for attempting questions of Reading Comprehension