In this article, we have presented a set of 20 questions based on Indian medieval period and dynasty. We have observed that the syllabus of general knowledge is very vast for every topic and it is not possible to cover all the facts. Same exists for History because history is divided into many parts i.e. Pre-History, Medieval History, Modern History, Revolutions, Freedom fights and mutinies, etc. Therefore, better way to practice is to solve maximum practice sets on general knowledge.
1. The utensils of the Indus Valley people were mainly made of__________.
2. ____________ metal was not known to the Indus valley people.
3. __________ was not worshipped by the Indus valley people.
(a) Mother Goddess
(b) Pashupati Shiva
(c) Trees such as Peepal and Acacia
4. At which of the following Harappan sites has a supposed dockyard been found?
(d) Sotka Koli
5. The economy of the Indus Valley people was based on ___________.
(b) Trade and Commerce
(d) All the above
6. The Harappan Civilisation declined as a result ___________.
(a) Aryan invasion
(b) Decline in foreign trade
(c) Ecological factors
(d) Not definitely known factors
7. Which is the most common animal figure found at all the Harappan sites?
(a) unihorn bull
8. The term Aryan, Indo-Aryan or Indo-European denotes a ________concept.
9. According to the most widely accepted view, the Aryans originally came from which region?
(b) Central Asia
(c) Central Europe
(d) Steppes of Russia
10. Which of the following Vedas was compiled first?
11. The Vedic economy was based on __________.
(a) trade and commerce
(b) crafts and industries
(c) agriculture and cattle rearing
(d) all the above
12. what was the normal form of government during the Vedic period?
13. Choose the two popular Assemblies of the Vedic period?
(a) Sabha and Mahasabha
(b) Mahasabha and Ganasabha
(c) Sabha and Samiti
(d) Ur and Kula
14. The Indo-Greek Kingdom set up in north Afghanistan in the beginning of the second century BC was _________.
15. The beat specimens of Mauryan art are represented by their _________.
16. _____________ does not represent an important source material for the Mauryan period.
(a) Literary works
(b) Foreign accounts
(c) Numismatic evidence
(d) Epigraphic sources
17. According to Strabo, the Tamil kingdom to first send emissaries to meet Augustin in Athens in 20 BC, was _______________.
18. Who among the following was the founder of the Nanda dynasty?
(a) Mahapadma Nanda
(b) Ashoka Nanda
(c) Dhana Nanda
(d) None of the above
19. The word 'Veda' has been derived from the root word 'Vid' means ______________.
20. Who brought the Kushan rule to an end?
(a) The Nagas
(b) The Britishers
(d) The Hindu Shahi Dynasty
We at jagranjosh.com, are planning to generate practice sets as much possible. So that, all SSC aspirants can be benefitted. For much information, practice sets and other related information, keep on visiting us.
All the Best!