Quantitative Aptitude is one of the subjects, which is included in all SSC exams having equal weight among others. This section is considered as a little bit tricky and time-consuming. There are approximately 29 topics in quantitative aptitude section out of which questions are framed. Time & work is considered as difficult among the others as the language of questions is very tricky and complicated. SSC used to put at least two questions from this topic.
In this article, we will discuss the tips, tricks, and concepts for solving questions based on time & work. Let us start with it-
SSC Quantitative Aptitude Tips: Time & Work
In such questions, you are supposed to find the amount of work done or time to get work done based on the given conditions in questions. There are following assumptions of work and time.
- How to calculate the number of the required persons to finish a particular work in the given time period?
- How to calculate the time required to complete a work by the definite number of persons?
To find the above metrics, you have to keep the following things in mind.
Important points to remember
SSC Quantitative Aptitude tricks: Time and Work
During SSC exams, it is not possible to solve every such question in a traditional way. Therefore, we have collected some shortcut tricks to evaluate the problems-
P1* W1*D1*T1*R1= P2*W2*D2*T2*R2
=> (A+B)'s 1 day’s work= 1/x+1/y;
=> The inverse of (A+B)’s 1-day work= total time taken by A and B to complete the work together.
(A+B+C) can do that work in= [2xyz/(xy+yz+zx)] days
1. A can do a work in 10 days and B in 20 days. How many days will both take to complete the work?
Ans.:- Total time taken by A and B to complete the work= xy/x+y= 20*10/ (10+20) = 200/30= 15 days.
2. A and B can do a piece of work in 10 and 20 days respectively. Both begin together but after some days, A leaves off and the remaining work is done by B in 5 days. After how many days did A leaves?
Ans.:- Required time= (y-z)*x/x+y
= 150/30= 5 days.
3. If A & B can do a piece of work in 10 days, B & C can do the same work in 20 days, and C & Acan do the same work in 15 days. Find the time in which A, B, and C can finish the work, working together?
Ans.:- (A+B+C) can do that work in= [2xyz/(xy+yz+zx)] days
= 9.23 days.
We at www.jagranjosh.com are dedicated to providing you all the necessary tips & tricks for all relevant subjects. For more information, keep on visiting our official webpage.
All the Best!
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.