The Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students is formulated and funded by Ministry of Minority Affairs through UGC. The scheme is open to candidates who belong to one of the minority communities notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 and wish to pursue higher studies such as regular and full time MPhil/ PhD degrees in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Engineering & Technology.
Applications are invited from the eligible minority candidates for this fellowship which will cover all Universities/ Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2 (f) & section 3 of the UGC Act. The fellowship holders under this scheme will be known as MOMA (Ministry Of Minority Affairs) scholars.
Number of Fellowships: 756 Fellowships
Important Dates for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students
- Opening date for online submission of application: 14 May 2013
- Closing date for online submission of application: 12 June 2013
Objective of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students
The objective of the scheme is to provide integrated five year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students from minority communities, as notified by the Central Government, to pursue higher studies such as MPhil and PhD. The candidate should note that the fellowship will be on the pattern of UGC Fellowships awarded to research students pursuing regular and full time MPhil and PhD courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students
Candidate applying for the award of fellowship should satisfy the following conditions
- The candidates should belong to one of the minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, and Parsi) who have passed the post graduation examination with minimum 50% marks in concerned subject and who desire to pursue full time research without JRF of UGC-NET or UGC-CSIR NET.
- He/ She should belong to one of the minority communities mentioned above and should submit the minority community certificate on self declaration basis on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs 10.
- Prior clearance of NET/SLET examination will not be a prerequisite for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for MPhil/ PhD.
- The minority community students once considered eligible for the fellowship shall not be entitled to benefits under any other source, Central or State Government or any other body like UGC for the same study.
Selection Procedure for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students: The selections will be based on the basis of merit.
How to Apply for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students: Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on the site http://www.ugc.ac.in/manf/registration.aspx No other mode of applying for fellowship shall be entertained.
For further details, please visit http://www.ugc.ac.in/manf/