Each Question is worth 12.5 marks and maximum word limit is 200. But content of the answer is more important than its length.
1. The ancient civilization in Indian sub-continent differed from those of Egypt, Mesopotamia and Greece in that its culture and traditions have been preserved without a breakdown to the present day. Comment.
2. Mesolithic rock cut architecture of India not only reflects the cultural life of the times but also a fine aesthetic sense comparable to modem painting. Critically evaluate this comment.
3. How different would have been the achievement of Indian independence without Mahatma Gandhi? Discuss.
4. Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, despite having divergent approaches and strategies, had a common goal of amelioration of the downtrodden. Elucidate.
5. It would have been difficult for the Constituent Assembly to complete its historic task of drafting the Constitution for Independent India in just three years but for the experience gained with the Government of India Act, 1935. Discuss.
6. Why did the industrial revolution first occur in England? Discuss the quality of life of the people there during the industrialization. How does it compare with that in India at present?
7. To what extent can Germany be held responsible for causing the two World Wars? Discuss critically
8. Describe any four cultural elements of diversity in India and rate their relative significance in building a national identity.
9. Critically examine whether growing population is the cause of poverty OR poverty is the main cause of population increase in India.
10. How do you explain the statistics that show that the sex ratio in Tribes in India is more favourable to women than the sex ratio among Scheduled Castes?
11. Discuss the changes in the trends of labour migration within and outside India in the last four decades.
12. Discuss the positive and negative effects of globalization on women in India.
13. Debate the issue of whether and how contemporary movements for assertion of Dalit identity work towards annihilation of caste.
14. Explain the factors responsible for the origin of ocean currents. How do they influence regional climates, fishing and navigation?
15. Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata are the three mega cities of the country but the air pollution is much more serious problem in Delhi as compared to the other two. Why is this so?
16. India is well endowed with fresh water resources. Critically examine why it still suffers from water scarcity.
17. The states of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand are reaching the limits of their ecological carrying capacity due to tourism. Critically evaluate.
18. How far do you agree that the behavior of the Indian monsoon has been changing due to humanizing landscapes? Discuss.
19. Smart cities in India cannot sustain without smart villages. Discuss this statement in the backdrop of rural urban integration.
20. What are the economic significances of discovery of oil in Arctic Sea and its possible environmental consequences?