VITEEE result 2015 will be released on or before 30th April 2015. Counselling admit card is mandatory to attend the counselling. It will be available along with the VITEEE 2015 result page. The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University conducted the VITEEE 2015, from 8 to 19 April 2015. The examination was held in the Computer Based Mode (online) and only registered candidates were allowed to take it. The University is expected to release the VITEEE 2015 result till 30 April 2015 on the official website of VIT. However, candidates will also be able to check it here, by submitting the application number and the password. In the VITEEE result portal, candidates will have to submit their application number and password in the required space. When the details will be filled correctly, result of the candidates will be displayed.
VITEEE Result 2015
The facility to check VIEEE Result 2015 is made available online at www.vit.ac.in from the scheduled declaration date and time. Candidate will be required to enter application number and password to log in. Get here complete details such as how to check result of VITEEE 2015, download score card, and schedule of counselling. 2,02,406 students had registered to appear for VITEEE 2015 to compete for 4,200 seats in 15 B.Tech programs offered at VIT Vellore and 5 B.Tech programs offered at VIT Chennai.
VIT university offers merit based scholarships for its students. The complete tuition fee for all four years is waived off for state board toppers and CBSE/ ICSE toppers, while there is a 75% tuition fee waiver for VITEEE rank 1 - 50 holders, a 50% tuition fee waiver for VITEEE rank 51 - 100 holders and a 25% tuition fee waiver for VITEEE rank 101 - 1000 holders.
After the VITEEE entrance exam result 2015 is released, the counselling process for admission would begin.
For ranks 1 - 8,000: 11 May, 2015
For ranks 8,001 - 12,000: 12 May, 2015
For ranks 12,001 - 16,000: 13 May, 2015
For ranks 16,001 - 20,000: 16 May, 2015
VITEEE is an all India entrance exam, which is conducted by VIT University (VIT), Vellore every year. It is known as the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE). The VITEEE is held for taking admission to the Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in various disciplines for the first year.
Eligibility Criteria in the VITEEE 2015
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2015 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Certificate to prove nativity (refer information brochure for the format) should be produced at the time of counseling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the 15 B.Tech programs.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programs. They are also eligible for B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering (Spec. in Bioinformatics) but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Age Limit: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1993 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2015. The date of birth as recorded in the High School/SSC/X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counseling, failing for which they will be disqualified.