What is Microsoft Excel?
- Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet-application written and distributed by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows and Mac as X. It features calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables and a macro programming language called VBA (Visual Basic for Applications).
- Worksheet: Worksheet is a grid of cells made up of horizontal rows and vertical columns. Worksheet contains 65536 rows and 256 columns.
- Row Number: Each row is given a number that identifies it, starts from 1, 2, 3, 4, ... so on.
- Column Letter: Each column is given a letter that identifies it, starts from A ... Z, AA ... AZ, BA ... BZ,... IA-IV.
- Cell: Cell is a basic unit of worksheet where numbers, text, formulas ere, can be placed.
- Cell Pointer: Cell Pointer is a cell-boundary that specifies which cell is active at that moment.
- Current Cell: Current Cell is a cell which is active.