World This Week: 21 January–27 January 2013
World this Week is a special section that gives a peep into the overall current events of the world in a given week
World this Week is a special section that gives a peep into the overall current events of the world in a given week. The students preparing for the competitive exams can therefore feel free to get a quick recap into what happened in the world in the week gone-by. This section enables the students to get a quick grasp at the important international current events which were the focus for the entire world.
21 January 2013
• Barack Obama sworn in as the US President for second term.
22 January 2013
• War Crimes Tribunal of Bangladesh pronounced its first verdict of death sentence.
23 January 2013
• Intel developed new device that helps Stephen Hawking communicate faster.
24 January 2013
• IMF: world economic growth rate would be 3.5 percent in 2013.
25 January 2013
• U.S. Federal Court sentenced 35 years in prison for David Coleman Headley.
• Union Cabinet approved Committee to probe into lobbying activities of Wal-Mart.
26 January 2013
• 154 sonnets of Shakespeare encoded and stored in strands of DNA
27 January 2013
• India-Pakistan secretary level talks on water sharing postponed.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .