Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar is one of the top b-schools in the country. The institute offers a specialised management programme in the field of Business Management. The admission process for MBA - Business Management course is currently open and the last date for registration is 7th December 2018. However for admission to the course students will have to appear for any one of the following entrance exams - CAT 2018, XAT 2019, GMAT (2017 onwards) or X-GMT (which is an institute level entrance exam conducted by XIMB).
Programmes Offered @ XIMB
The flagship programme of the Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar is the Master's Program in Business Management (MBA - BM). Apart from this, the institute also offers MBA in Global Management and an Executive MBA in Business Management. Students pursuing MBA in Global Management will spend the first year at XIMB and second year one of the partner foreign university of XIBM.
MBA in Business Management (MBA -BM)
It's a two years residential master's level management program in the field of Business management. The program leads to an MBA degree from Xavier's University, Bhubaneswar. The course is designed with the aim to develop competent men and women into accomplished professionals, capable of working in both public and private sector organisations. The course focuses on helping students develop a holistic perspective about an organisation and gain knowledge of various business functions and skills. Students are also required to do a compulsory 8-week summer project with an organisation at the end of their first year as a part of the course curriculum.
XIMB Admission Process
Candidates aspiring to secure admission in the Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar need to first register and apply either for CAT 2018 or XAT 2019 or they must have appeared for a GMAT exam conducted in either 2017 or 2018. Candidates can also appear for the X-GMT entrance exam conducted by the Xavier University in case, they haven't appeared for any of the aforementioned management entrance exams. The detailed admission process of the Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar is as given below:
- Candidates interested in applying to XIMB will have to register and fill the online application form. It is available on the Xavier University official website.
- They will also be required to pay the application fee of Rs 1500/- for the first option and Rs 700/- for each subsequent option they choose.
- The last date to fill the application form for the 2019-21 batch is December 7, 2018 and candidates will receive a confirmation email upon the acceptance of their application form.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the GDPI/WAT rounds based on their performance (both overall and sectional) in CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT (2017 onwards)/X-GMT 2019.
- The final selection will be based on the candidate's performance in the GDPI/WAT rounds, performance in the management entrance exam, past academic profile, relevant work experience etc.
- Candidates shortlisted for the final admission offer will be notified around the last week of April 2019 and the academic session at the institute will commence mid-June 2019.
XIMB Programme-wise Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to pursue management courses at Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) need to first ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria given below:
- Candidates must have a successfully completed a minimum of 3-year bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognised university.
- Candidates expected to complete the final year of their degree examinations by 15th June 2019 are also eligible to apply. They will, however, be offered provisional admission and their candidature will automatically be cancelled in case their fail to complete all requirement for the admission process before 15th June 2019.
- Candidates need to submit scores from either one of the following management entrance exams -CAT 2018, XAT 2019, GMAT (2017 onwards). In case, they haven't appeared for any of the aforementioned exams they will be required to appear for X-GMT that is a university level exam conducted by Xavier University for admission to the various courses offered at its campuses.
- Apart from Executive MBA courses work experience is not a mandatory requirement for admission to the courses offered at XIMB.
XIMB Admission Shortlisting Criteria
The Admission Shortlisting criteria at XIMB is a two-step process wherein the first step involves the shortlisting of candidates based on their performance in the entrance exam and the second step involves group discussion/writing ability test and personal interview rounds. Candidates can refer below for the detailed admission shortlisting criteria for the XIMB.
- For admission to MBA -BM sectional and overall scores in MBA entrance exams such as CAT, XAT and GMAT will be considered. Candidates who did not appear for any of these exams will need to clear the sectional and overall cutoffs of the X-GMT entrance exam.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of the entrance exams will need to appear for the GDPI/WAT rounds at one of the designated centres.
XIMB Final Admission Selection Criteria
The final selection of the candidates for admission is made on the basis of the candidate's performance in the management entrance exam (CAT 2018, XAT 2019, GMAT (2017 onwards) or X-GMT) and the GDPI/WAT rounds. Some of the other parameters considered by the institute during the shortlisiting of candidates for the final admission are the past academic performance and relevant work experience.
XIMB Admission Cutoffs
Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar and other schools under the Xavier University announce their cut-offs at the time of shortlisting. But, based on the past trends it is expected the cut-offs will be in the moderate range of 85 to 90 percentile and the candidates who have scored above the minimum cut-offs in CAT/XAT/GMAT will be considered for the GDPI/WAT rounds. The university, however, doesn't give emphasis only to the candidate's score in the entrance exams but also to other parameter such as their past academic profile and relevant work experience.
XIMB Programme Fees
The programme fees for the courses offered at Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar is as given below:
Course Fee (in lakhs)
MBA in Business Management (MBA-BM)
MBA in Global Management
8.40 (For one year at XIMB)
However, XIMB Fee Fixation Committee reserves the final rights to change the course fee.
For more information about XIMB, keep visiting MBA section of jagranjosh.com. You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter to the receive latest updates directly in your inbox.