33-members committee constituted for speedy completion of Andhra Pradesh’s Sagarmala Project
33-members committee constituted under the leadership of Andhra Pradesh’s Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu to ensure timely completion of the state’s Sagarmala Project.
A committee comprising 33 members has been constituted for the speedy completion of the Sagarmala Project in Andhra Pradesh. The project aims to improve the state’s coastline and inland waterways.
The committee will be chaired by the state’s Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
• The committee will be responsible for overseeing the entire project.
• It will bring together all the concerned departments and review their work on a daily basis, in order to ensure timely completion of the project.
• The committee’s first meeting took place on 8 February 2017 under the leadership of Naidu.
Highlights of the meeting
• At the meeting, Naidu emphasised on the many opportunities that Andhra Pradesh has, as a state with the 2nd largest coastline, to develop a coast-led industrial economy.
• Naidu further emphasised the importance of the development of inland waterways.
• He also highlighted the importance of sourcing raw material at a reasonable rate, stating that it is the key for development.
• He also stressed on the need for an action plan and requested all the officials concerned to create one for their respective projects.
• To enable the smooth working of the same, a nodal officer will be appointed from every department who would represent the department.
• He also asked the members to identify ports as clusters and stated that the Krishnapatanam port will soon be turned into a national employment zone.
Besides this, Naidu has called for interlinking of ports, highways and corridors to give more momentum to industrial development.
He also stated that Andhra Pradesh has a sent a proposal to the centre for building 90 projects, worth Rs 130762 Cr and has ordered for the creation of an implementable action plan for all the projects.
Lastly, Naidu added that he will be reviewing the progress of the project once in two months.