Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the first week of March 2017 won Best Actress Award at the International Film Festival and Awards of Australia (IFFAA).
Aishwarya grabbed the award for her role in 2016 film 'Sarbjit'.
The movie Sarbjit is a 2016 Indian biographical drama film. It was directed by Omung Kumar. The film revolved around Sarabjit Singh, an Indian man, who was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court of Pakistan in 1991. He consequently spent 22 years in prison for alleged terrorism and spying.
About Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
• Born on 1 November 1973, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan won the Miss World pageant in 1994.
• In 1997, she made her acting debut in Mani Ratnam's Tamil film Iruvar.
• Her first Hindi film release was Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya, which released in 1997.
• In 1998, she delivered her first commercial success movie named Jeans.
• In 1999, she won Best Actress awards at Filmfare for her performance in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. In 2002, she again won the award for Devdas.
• In 2003, she became the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
• In 2009, she was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
• She is also a Goodwill Ambassador for the Joint United Nations Programme on AIDS (UNAIDS).
When: First week of March 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.