Ajoy Misra elevated as the CEO and MD of Tata Global Beverages Limited
Tata Global Beverages has elevated and appointed Ajoy Misra as the CEO and managing director of TGBL in place of Harish Bhat.
Ajoy Misra has been appointed as the CEO and Managing Director of Tata Global Beverages Limited (TGBL) on 29 January 2014. At the time of elevation to the position of CEO and MD, Misra was serving the company as Deputy CEO and Executive Director of TGBL. His appointment will come to effect from 1 April 2014 as decided by the board of directors of TGBL.
On assuming the charge, he will replace Harish Bhat, who will step down from the position on 31 March 2014. Bhat as the managing director of Tata Global Beverages and the chairman of Tata Coffee will join the Tata Sons as a member of the Group Executive Council (GEC) and will report to the Chairman, Cyrus P Mistry, from 1 April 2014.
Ajoy Misra who is the Deputy CEO at present
• Ajoy MIsra is a Civil Engineering and graduate from BITS Pilani
• He holds an MBA from FMS, Delhi University
• Ajoy is based in the UK and has the responsibility of overseeing Tata Global Beverages operations as its Deputy CEO
• Ajoy is also Director and Executive Director on the Board of Directors of Tata Global Beverages Limited
• He was with Indian Hotels for nearly 30 years and was leading its sales and marketing functioning in his most recent assignment
• His prior roles include heading Sales for the Taj Group and being Area Director in the Sri Lanka and Maldives regions
About Ajoy Misra
• Bhat is an alumnus of BITS Pilani and IIM Ahmedaba and he graduated as top of his class in both Institutions and winning IIM Ahmedabad's gold medal for scholastic excellence
• He joined the Tata group in 1987, as an officer in the Tata Administrative Service
• In 1997, he won the Chevening Scholarship for Young Managers, awarded by the British Government
• He has served as the chief operating officer of the watches and accessories business of Titan Company
About the Tata Global Beverages Limited (TGBL)
Tata Global Beverages Limited (TGBL) started as a joint venture between Tata Sons and the UK-based tea plantation company, James Finlay and Company in 1962 as Tata Finlay. Tata became its complete owner after James Finlay sold his shareholdings to Tata in 1983. The company set out on a path with global ambitions, evidenced by the acquisition of Tetley in 2000. This was followed by a string of strategic acquisitions including Good Earth, Jemca, Vitax, Eight O’ Clock Coffee and Himalayan Water.
Tata Global Beverages Limited (TGBL) business is overseen by an Executive team that operates under the overall supervision and direction of the boards of Tata Global Beverages and its sub-committees and respective legal entities. The executive team of the Tata Global Beverages has been constituted with an aim to streamline the global operations of the beverages business. It operates under the schedule of authority approved by the relevant entities.