Anil Goswami Took Over as the Union Home Secretary
Anil Goswami, a Jammu and Kashmir cadre IAS officer took over as the Union Home Secretary on 30 June 2013. He succeeded Raj Kumar Singh.
Anil Goswami, a Jammu and Kashmir cadre IAS officer took over as the Union Home Secretary on 30 June 2013. He succeeded Raj Kumar Singh who retired from Government service. Before being the Union Home Secretary, Anil Goswami was the Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. Anil Goswami will have a tenure of two years till June 2015.
About Anil Goswami
• Anil Goswami (58) is an IAS officer of 1978 batch, Jammu and Kashmir cadre.
• He is the first bureaucrat from Jammu and Kashmir to be appointed as Home Secretary.
• As of now, he was the Secretary in Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
• He has served the J&K and Central Government in different capacities which include Special Secretary in the Home Ministry.
• He served as the divisional commissioner of Jammu.
About the designation of Union Home Secretary
The ministerial team of Ministry of Home Affairs is headed by the Union Cabinet Minister of Home Affairs. The Union Cabinet Minister of Home Affairs is in turn supported by two Ministers of State as well as civil servants.
The Union Home Secretary is the senior civil servant in the Ministry of Home Affairs. His role is ensuring the effective working and functioning of Ministry of Home Affairs.