Current Affairs in Short: 10 December 2019
Bar Code was an invention of George J Laurer. He invented this transforming invention at IBM.
Bar Code inventor George Laurer at 94
• Bar Code was an invention of George J Laurer. He invented this transforming invention at IBM. He passed away at 94 in the USA.
• In the early 1970s, he was working with IBM as an electronic engineer. He initiated a Universal Product Code or bar code at IBM.
• It is a method of writing statistics or information about a product. This barcode can give complete information about a product.
Jammu and Kashmir get all-weather Draj Bridge at Rajouri
• J&K Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu recently inaugurated the all-weather Draj Bridge at Rajouri in Jammu and Kashmir.
• This bridge is important for the military use and socio-economic development of the Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
• It is a 72-meters long multi-cell box type load class bridge. This bridge has been constructed by the 110 Road Construction Company of 31 Task Force under Project Sampark.
Oxygen level decreased by 2% in oceans: IUCN Report
• International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) said that due to climate change there is a continuous decrease in the amount of oxygen in the oceans.
• This study suggested that deoxygenation in the oceans is having a negative effect on marine organisms that require more oxygen.
• The IUCN said in a recent study that the world's natural habitats; one million animals are on the verge of extinction due to human activities.
Asian Academy Creative Awards
• The film 'Gully Boy', directed by Zoya Akhtar, has been awarded the Best Feature Film at the Asian Academy Creative Awards.
• Earlier, the film has also been nominated for the 92nd Oscar Academy Awards. It stars actor Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt in lead roles.
• Apart from this film, Netflix's web series 'Delhi Crime' has won the title of Best Drama Series at the Asian Academy Creative Awards.
Rafael Fighter Jets to fly with BS Dhanao Tail numbers
• Indian Air Force has announced that it will give ‘BS’ tail numbers to 30 Rafael fighter jets in honour of former Air Chief Marshal (Retd) BS Dhanoa.
• He played major role in the purchase of the aircraft. Indian will get 36 Rafael aircrafts.
• The training aircraft will be of two seats and will contain almost everything that will be in the fighter jets. The first batch of four Rafael aircraft will arrive in India by May 2020