Current Affairs in Short: 13 February 2019
Under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), 5,67,88,890 enrolments have been made till December 2018. Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana was launched on May 9, 2015.
NFDC declared Winner under Miniratna Category by Ministry of MSME
• National Film Development Corporation of India has been declared winner under the Miniratna Category (Category II) by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
• This is part of endeavour by Ministry of MSME to felicitate select CPSEs in recognition of their exemplary work for the promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs.
• National Film Development Corporation Ltd. (NFDC), incorporated in the year 1975, was formed by the Government with the primary objective of planning and promoting an organized, efficient and integrated development of the Indian film industry.
• NFDC has so far funded and produced over 300 films.
• These films have been widely acclaimed and have won many national and international awards.
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana; 5,67,88,890 enrolments made till December 2018
• Under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), 5,67,88,890 enrolments have been made till December 2018.
• Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana was launched on May 9, 2015.
• This Scheme is administered through both public and private sector life insurance companies in tie-up with Scheduled Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks and Cooperative Banks.
• PMJJBY offers a renewable one year term life cover of Rs 2 Lakh to all subscribing bank account holders in the age group of 18 to 50 years, covering death due to any reason, for a premium of Rs 330 per annum per subscriber.
• The Scheme is open for enrollment to all Savings Bank Account Holders including Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account holders.
Indo-US CEO Forum to be held in New Delhi on 14 February
• The Indo-US Commercial Dialogue and the Indo-US CEO Forum will be held on February 14, 2019 in New Delhi.
• The Indian side will be headed by Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation Minister, Suresh Prabhu, and the US side will be led by Mr. Wilbur Ross, US Commerce Secretary.
• The two Ministers will co-chair the India-US Commercial Dialogue.
• Representatives of the US and Indian Governments will share outcomes of the 2018 commercial dialogue work plan, including the three work streams: standards, business climate and investment and travel and tourism.
• The co-chairs for the US- India CEO Forum are Natarajan Chandrasekaran, Chairman of Tata Sons and James Taiclet, Chairman, President and CEO of American Tower Corporation.
PM Modi addresses CREDAI YouthCon -19
• The Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the CREDAI YouthCon -19 on February 13, 2019 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
• The event was organised by the Confederation of Real Estate Developers' Association of India (CREDAI).
• The Prime Minister also visited the exhibition organised by CREDAI.
• YouthCon is the annual Youth Conclave of CREDAI which is held to bring together the future of the real estate Industry in India.
• Established in 1999, CREDAI is the apex body representing real-estate developers from over 200 cities in India.
Over 133 million new jobs may emerge by 2022: World Government Summit 2019
• It is likely that over 133 million new jobs may emerge by 2022. However, at the same time, 75 million jobs may be displaced.
• During the World Government Summit 2019 in Dubai, the Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) called on governments and institutions to collaborate closely on the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR).
• Addressing a plenary session, ‘The Future of the Economy in the Age of 4IR' at the Summit, OECD Secretary-General Jose Angel Gurría cautioned governments against creating a situation where they have to look after people who are unable to participate in the economy.
• The digital transformation can change the world, but a level playing field has to be created.
• The OECD's projections suggest that one billion people worldwide lack the necessary digital literacy and skills to participate in the digital economy.