First commercial flight lands in Arunachal Pradesh
• The first commercial flight to Arunachal Pradesh landed at Pasighat Airport in East Siang district on May 21, 2018 with 25 passengers, including Chief Minister Pema Khandu on board.
• The 42-seater ATR aircraft of the Alliance Airlines landed at Pasighat at 2.14pm after a one-and-a-half-hour journey from Guwahati.
• The airport is on an advance landing ground or ALG, meant to support operations of small aircraft and some military planes.
DAC approves measures to simplify Defence Procurement Procedure
• The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved various measures to simplify Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP).
• The changes include devolution of powers within Ministry of Defence and Service Headquarters, deletion of repetitive processes, concurrent running of acquisition process instead of sequential stage clearance, aligning of various documents with revised financial guidelines, amongst others.
• DAC is Defence Ministry’s highest decision-making body on capital procurement of Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force).
Election Commission to launch App to help voters to share malpractice proof
• Election Commission of India (ECI) will launch multi-lingual mobile application called Model Code of Conduct Violation Reporting App ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls.
• The app aims at empowering people across the country to share evidence of malpractice by political parties, their candidates and activists directly with ECI.
• . The app will be launched across the country as part of steps taken by ECI to prevent abuse of money and muscle power.
Rajasthan Government launches software for disease monitoring
• Rajasthan Government launched new software called Nidaan for disease monitoring and strengthening tele-medicine services in the government hospitals.
• The software will provide presumptive diagnosis and monitor seasonal and non-communicable diseases as well as trends of ailments found in specific areas.
• Nidaan Softwarre will facilitate online entries for monitoring of as many as 46 diseases and healthcare services available for their treatment in different institutions.
NABARD sanctions Solar street lighting system
• National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development has sanctioned LED Solar Street Lighting system for Arunachal Pradesh under its Rural Infrastructure Development Fund with a grant of Rs 87.83 lakh.
• It would be implemented in 4 districts of the state Tirap, Longding, Namsai & Tawang.
• The scheme was launched by Chief Minister Pema Khandu.
Cabinet approves ordinance to change bankruptcy rules
• The Union Cabinet approved an ordinance that incorporates changes to the bankruptcy law.
• However, the government declined to share details on the changes as the President’s approval is still awaited.
• A 14-member Insolvency Law Committee had earlier made few suggestions to change bankruptcy rules to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Uttar Pradesh cabinet approved the introduction of NCERT textbooks in Madarasa Board
• The Uttar Pradesh cabinet approved the introduction of National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) textbooks in the Madrasa Board.
• NCERT books in Urdu, Hindi and English languages will be introduced to give students a better training and enhanced skill set in madrasas.
• According to some sources, madrasas have been asked to follow the NCERT curriculum and introduce subjects like Science, Mathematics and Social Science.
Paraguay officially moves embassy to Jerusalem
• Paraguayan President Horacio Cartes has inaugurated his country’s embassy in Jerusalem.
• Paraguay is now the third country to move its embassy to Jerusalem, following the United States and Guatemala.
• Israel considers the entire city of Jerusalem to be its capital, while the Palestinians see east Jerusalem as the capital of their future state.