Ayush Ministry to develop parameters to certify Yoga professionals
• Ayush Ministry is to develop parameters to certify Yoga professionals at various levels.
• The Chairman of the steering committee and Yoga Guru Ramdev said the scheme aims at certifying the competence of yoga professionals and institutions meeting the prescribed standards.
• Around 2 to 3 lakh people pursuing yoga will be given certificates in the next 4 years.
• Instructors, trainees, teachers and masters are the categories in which people will be given certificates.
NATO's biggest military maneuvers begins in Norway
• NATO's biggest military maneuvers began in Norway that involves restoring the Scandinavian country's sovereignty after an attack by a "fictitious aggressor.
• Russia, which shares a border with Norway, was briefed by NATO on the Trident Juncture 2018 drill and invited to monitor it, but Moscow is still angered by the exercise.
• Russia's Defence Minister had warned that Moscow could be forced to respond to increased NATO activity near its western border.
• The wargames bring together around 50000 personnel from all 29 NATO allies, plus partners Finland and Sweden.
• Around 65 vessels, 150 aircraft and 10,000 vehicles will also participate in the drill.
Genocide still taking place in Myanmar: UN investigator
• UN investigators say Genocide is still taking place against Rohingya Muslims remaining in Myanmar.
• Marzuki Darusman, chair of the UN fact-finding mission on Myanmar, said thousands of Rohingya are still fleeing to Bangladesh.
• Those who have stayed back after last year's brutal military campaign in the Buddhist-majority country, continue to suffer the most severe, restrictions and repression.
• Yanghee Lee, the UN special investigator on human rights in Myanmar, said she thinks the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former political prisoner Suu Kyi "is in total denial" about accusations of military atrocities.
• Suu Kyi's government has rejected independent international investigations into the alleged abuses and has commissioned its own probe.
Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018 opens in New Delhi
• The Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018 opened in New Delhi.
• The theme of the 2-day summit is, 'Connecting Farmers to Market'.
• Inaugurating the summit, Secretary Agriculture and Co-operation Sanjay Agrawal said several measures are being taken to double farmers' income by 2022.
• Quoting Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Agrawal said, good strategy, adequate resources and good governance will be crucial to achieve the target.
• Pioneer of India's green revolution Professor MS Swaminathan was also present on the occasion.
3rd Decadal International year of Reefs-2018
• The International Conference on Status and Protection of Coral Reefs (STAPCOR – 2018) was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan on October 22, 2018 at Bangaram coral Island of Union Territory of Lakshadweep.
• The theme of STAPCOR – 2018 was “Reef for Life”.
• 150 delegates, both International and National, participated in this mega event at Bangaram Island.
• Coral reefs are large underwater structures composed of the skeletons of colonial marine invertebrates called coral.
• Corals are found all over the world's oceans, from the Aleutian Islands off the coast of Alaska to the warm tropical waters of the Caribbean Sea.
Railways’ UTS app to be launched on 1 November
• The railways ‘UTS mobile’ app for buying unreserved tickets online will be launched nationwide on November 1, 2018.
• It was first launched in Mumbai because a large number of people travel in locals.
• After Mumbai, it was started in Delhi-Palwal and Chennai city.
• As of now, railway has already implemented the scheme in 15 of its zones.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.