Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2015 Nobel Prize in Literature, National Watershed Management Programme and UNCTAD Trade and Development 2015 report among others.
1. Who was awarded with the 2015 Nobel Prize in Literature on 8 October 2015 for her polyphonic writings, a monument to suffering and courage in our time?
a) Svetlana Alexievich
b) Mo Yan
c) Mario Vargas Llosa
d) Herta Muller
2. Name the Bollywood actor who on 8 October 2015 was named as the tourism ambassador of New Zealand for India by the Tourism New Zealand.
a) Varun Dhawan
b) Saif Ali Khan
c) Sidharth Malhotra
d) Farhan Akhtar
3. Consider the following statements related to Trade and Development Report 2015 that was released by UNCTAD on 6 October 2015
I. It projected that the global economy will grow at 2.5 per cent in 2015
II. India’s GDP is expected to grow at 9.5 per cent in 2015
III. It strongly suggested for reforming global financial institutions to augment development
Which of them is/are true?
a) I and II
b) II and III
c) I and III
d) All of them
4. Name the National Watershed Management Project assisted by the World Bank, the implementation of which was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 7 October 2015.
a) Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana (PMKSY)
c) Jal Sanrakshan Abhiyaan
d) Har Khet ko Pani
5. Who on 6 October 2015 was elected as elected as the Head of the Inter-governmental Panel for Climate Change (IPCC) at its 42nd session in Dubrovnik, Croatia?
a) Jean-Pascale van Ypersele, Belgium
b) Thomas Stocker, Switzerland
c) Hoesung Lee, South Korea
d) Chris Field, USA
6. Which country on 4 October 2015 won the 29th edition of the Women’s European Volleyball Championship played at Rotterdam, The Netherlands?
b) The Netherlands
7. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on 7 October 2015 approved the drug Keytruda to treat
a) Lung cancer
b) Bone Cancer
c) Brain Tumour
d) Breast Cancer
8. NCC National Games 2015 that was thrown open on 7 October 2015 will see competitions in how many sports discipline?
9. The Union Cabinet on 7 October 2015 approved the payments of Productivity-Linked Bonus (PLB) to the non-gazetted employees of which sector?
d) Public Sector
10. The Union Cabinet on 7 October 2015 approved the construction of National War Memorial and a National War Museum at which place?
a) Gateway of India, Maharashtra
b) India Gate, Delhi
c) Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
d) Laungewala, Rajasthan
11. Union Cabinet on 7 October 2015 approved the formation of which Group A service
a) Indian Skill Development Service
b) Indian Agriculture Services
c) Indian Environmental Services
d) Indian Judicial Services
12. The United Nations on 7 October 2015 launched the Revised Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners. These Rules have been dubbed as
a) Mahatma Gandhi Rules
b) Leo Tolstoy Rules
c) Martin Luther King Jr. Rules
d) Nelson Mandela Rules
13. National Green Tribunal (NGT) on 7 October 2015 directed all commercial vehicles, including trucks, entering Delhi to pay an environmental compensation charge in addition to the toll tax. Which one of the following pair has not been matched correctly?
Vehicle Tax (in rupees)
I. Two-axle vehicles 700
II. Three-axle vehicle 1000
III. Four-axle vehicle 500
Select the correct code
a) I and II
b) II and III
c) I and III
d) None of the above
14. Which state government on 7 October 2015 banned the sale of mawa sweets in the state?
d) Madhya Pradesh
15. Dr. D. P. Rastogi Central Research Institute for Homeopathy was inaugurated on 7 October 2015 in
1-(a) 6-(d) 11-(a)
2-(c) 7-(a) 12-(d)
3-(c) 8-(c) 13-(d)
4-(b) 9-(b) 14-(c)
5-(c) 10-(b) 15-(d)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.