11 January 2018: The one liner of 11 January covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like creator of iconic Old Munk rum, World Bank recently projected India’s growth rate of 2018 and first Indian to win an international medal in skiing among others.
• Person appointed as the Chairman of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development - Sunny Verghese
• Creator of iconic Old Munk rum who died recently at the age of 88 - Kapil Mohan
• Cricket player banned recently for five months for failing dope test - Yusuf Pathan
• Indian railway station that entered the Limca Book of Records for having all-woman staff - Matunga
• US approved the sale of anti-ballistic missile worth USD 133 million to - Japan
• World Bank recently projected India’s growth rate of 2018 at - 7.3 per cent
• First Indian to win an international medal in skiing at Alpine Ejder 3200 Cup - Aanchal Thakur
• India’s first city to have a common mobility card for rides on public buses and the metro - Delhi
• Bollywood personality who became the official brand ambassador of Sikkim - AR Rahman
• World Hindi Day (WHD) is observed every year on - 10 January
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.