Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 51st Jnanpith Award, PM Modi’s visit to Kenya and a tribe that resides Meghalaya since 1200 BCE among others.
1. Who of the following was conferred the 51st Jnanpith Award by President Pranab Mukherjee?
a) Bhalchandra Vanaji Nemade
b) Kedarnath Singh
c) Pratibha Ray
d) Raghuveer Chaudhari
2. Which of the following statements in regard to the agreements that were signed between India and Kenya during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit is/are true?
a) Revised Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA)
b) Bilateral agreement on exemption of Visa for holders of Diplomatic passports
c) MoU on Defence Cooperation
d) Agreement on Cooperation in Arts and Culture
3. Name tribe residing in Meghalaya since 1200 BCE according to a study of Pre-historic megaliths and tools?
4. Name the nationwide fortnightly programme that was recently launched by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
a) Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight
b) Intensified Dengue Control Fortnight
c) Intensified Malaria Control Fortnight
d) None of the above
5. Who has been appointed as the full-time Chairman of Oil India Ltd.?
a) P K Sinha
b) Utpal Bora
c) D Rajkumar
d) S Varadarajan
6. Who has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited?
a) B P Tayal
b) Utpal Bora
c) Sanjay Gupta
d) None of the above
7. Who recently was chosen for the Advertising Agencies Association of India Lifetime Achievement Award?
a) R.K. Swamy
b) Swamy Hansa
c) M.G. Parameswaran
d) Srinivasan K. Swamy
8. Which of the following writers was recently hosted by the Rashtrapati Bhavan under the Writer in-Residence programme?
a) Amitav Ghosh
b) Kiran Desai
c) Vikram Seth
d) Rohinton Mistry
9. Which of the following death metal bands won the G-Shock Wacken Metal Battle 2016 at the recently held Bangalore Open Air?
d) Skull Fist
10. Former sportsperson Amal Datta passed away recently. He was associated with which of the following sports?
11. Who of the following is not part of Indian sportsperson who qualified for Rio Olympics on 11 July 2016?
a) Renjith Maheswary
b) Anirban Lahiri
c) Dharambir Singh
d) Mary Kom
12. Which of the following was not part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit during his tour to four African nations?
d) South Africa
13. Name the state that in July 2016 tried to set a world record by planting more than five crore saplings in just ten hours.
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Uttar Pradesh
14. Who of the following was the Delhi High Court-appointed observer that submitted its report on Delhi and Districts Cricket Association's functioning during this year's IPL with its observation?’
a) Justice Mukul Mudgal
b) C K Khanna
c) Justice Mirza Imtiyaz
d) Anand Desai
15. Name the country from which India in July 2016 announced its plan to evacuate its nationals in view of violence there.
b) South Sudan
1. (d) Raghuveer Chaudhari
2. (d) Agreement on Cooperation in Arts and Culture
3. (a) Khasi
4. (a) Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight
5. (b) Utpal Bora
6. (c) Sanjay Gupta
7. (d) Srinivasan K. Swamy
8. (a) Amitav Ghosh
9. (b) Elemental
10. (c) Football
11. (d) Mary Kom
12. (c) Botswana
13. (b) Uttar Pradesh
14. (a) Justice Mukul Mudgal
15. (b) South Sudan
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.