Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2015 Nobel Prize in Economics, Nepal’s PM election, and Dutch Badminton Open 2015 among others.
1. Who of the following was on 12 October 2015 was elected as the Prime Minister of Nepal?
a) KP Sharma Oli
b) Sushil Koirala
c) Ram Baran Yadav
d) Baburam Bhattarai
2. Who was elected as Fiji’s President by its parliament on 12 October 2015?
a) Ratu Epeli Ganilau
b) Jioji Konrote
c) Voreqe Bainimarama
d) Matai Akauola
3. Who won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Economics announced on 12 October 2015 for his research on consumption, poverty and welfare?
a) Svetlana Alexiyevich
b) Tomas Lindahl
c) Arthur B. McDonald
d) Angus Deaton
4. Who among the following won 2015 Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix title on 11 October 2015?
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Sergio Perez
c) Sebastian Vettel
d) Nico Rosberg
5. Identity the theme of International Day of the Girl Child observed on 11 October 2015.
a) Ending Child Marriage
b) Innovating for Girl’s Education
c) Empowering Adolescent Girls: Ending the Cycle of Violence
d) The Power of Adolescent Girl: Vision for 2030
6. Who won the 2015 China Open Men’s Singles title on 11 October 2015?
a) Rafael Nadal
b) Andy Murray
c) Novak Djokovic
d) Andy Murray
7. Identify the Indian shuttler who defended his Dutch Open Men’s Singles title on 11 October 2015.
a) Chetan Anand
b) Ajay Jayaram
c) P Kashyap
d) Aditya Joshi
8. Who won the China Open women's singles title on 11 October 2015?
a) Timea Bacsinszky
b) Garbine Muguruza
c) Venus Williams
d) Sloane Stephens
9. Name the housing mission launched by the Odisha Government on 11 October 2015 to provide affordable houses to urban poor.
a) Housing for All by 2022
c) Naveen Awaas Yojana
d) Giriraj Puram Awasiya Yojna
10. Which team won the Beighton Cup hockey tournament held in Kolkata on 11 October 2015?
a) Indian Oil Corporation
b) Punjab National Bank
c) Central Industrial Security Force
d) Army XI
11. Who of the following on 10 October 2015 won the China Open women’s doubles title of tennis?
a) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
b) Irina-Camelia Begu and Monica Niculescu
c) Casey Dellacqua and Yaroslava Shvedova
d) Hao-Ching Chan and Yung-Jan Chan
12. India on 11 October 2015 won the four-match Men's Hockey Test series 2-1 against
c) New Zealand
13. President Pranab Mukherjee on 11 October 2015 inaugurated a street named after Mahatma Gandhi in which of the following country?
14. NASA on 9 October 2015 released a report outlining plans for establishing permanent settlements on which extra-terrestrial objects?
15. Which one of the following is not one of the agreements signed between India and Jordan on 11 October 2015?
a) Cultural Exchange Programme for 2015-17
b) Agreement on Maritime Transport
c) MoU on Cooperation in the field of IT & Electronics
d) MoU on Cooperation in Space
1-(a) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(b) 12-(c)
3-(d) 8-(b) 13-(b)
4-(a) 9-(b) 14-(c)
5-(d) 10-(b) 15-(d)