The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Press Freedom Day, First country to ban metal mining, Pierre L'Enfant Planning Excellence and Achievement Awards-2017.
1. What is the theme of the 2017 World Press Freedom Day that will be celebrated by the UNESCO in Jakarta, Indonesia?
a) Access to Information and Fundamental Freedoms
b) Let Journalism Thrive! Towards Better Reporting, Gender Equality, and Safety in the Digital Age
c) Media Freedom for a Better Future
d) Critical Minds for Critical Times: Media’s role in advancing peaceful, just and inclusive societies
2. Which of the following shorts films has been selected by UNESCO to screen as a part of the World Press Freedom Day celebrations in Indonesia?
b) Dying to be Me
3. Which country became the first in world to ban metals mining?
b) El Salvador
d) New Zealand
4. Name the Oscar-winning director of the movie The Silence of the Lambs who passed away recently.
a) Jonathan Demme
b) Roger Corman
c) Martin Scorsese
d) None of the above
5. Name the Indian city that has bagged the Pierre L'Enfant Planning Excellence and Achievement Awards-2017 that was instituted by the American Planning Association (APA).
6. NASA’s Cassini spacecraft has entered into which planet’s unexplored region?
7. Who of the following won the UNESCO’s Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize?
a) Giuseppe Bottai
b) Giuseppina Nicolini
c) Alfredo Siniscalchi
d) Francesco Camero Medici
8. Which of the following Indian Navy Ships is currently undertaking a hydrographic survey of Weligama Bay along with Sri Lankan Navy?
a) INS Darshak
b) INS Arihant
c) INS Rajput
d) INS Shardul
9. What is the theme of the 2017 International Mother Earth Day?
a) Trees for the Earth
b) It's Our Turn to Lead
c) Green Cities
d) Environmental & Climate Literacy
10. Name the country whose lawmakers had approved package of security measures, partially ban burqa.
11. President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the 52nd Jnanpith Award to eminent poet Sankha Ghosh on 27 April 2017. He belongs to which state?
a) West Bengal
12. The person was conferred by the CII President’s Award for Lifetime Achievement by the President Pranab Mukherjee.
a) Rahul Bajaj
b) Sankha Ghosh
c) Ratan Tata
d) Anil Ambani
13. Uma Bharti has launched a new water conservation scheme for which region in India?
14. The Indian cultural centre located in which country recently organised a seminar to strengthen the bilateral relations between the two nations?
a) United Kingdom
15. Which country has become the first country to open an honorary consulate office in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)?
1. (d) Critical Minds for Critical Times: Media’s role in advancing peaceful, just and inclusive societies
2. (c) Azaad
3. (b) El Salvador
4. (a) Jonathan Demme
5. (c) Bhubaneswar
6. (b) Saturn
7. (b) Giuseppina Nicolini
8. (a) INS Darshak
9. (d) Environmental & Climate Literacy
10. (b) Germany
11. (a) West Bengal
12. (a) Rahul Bajaj
13. (d) Rohilkhand
14. (b) Egypt
15. (c) Belgium
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.