The recap of the day covers important current affairs of the day like Saurastra Narmada Avataran Irrigation yojana, Committee on border protection that submitted its report and PV Sindhu as its brand ambassador of a Indian paramilitary force among others.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the first phase of SAUNI (Saurastra Narmada Avataran Irrigation yojana) at - Sanodara of Jamnagar district of Gujarat
• She was awarded the prestigious Saraswati Samman for the year 2015 - Padma Sachdev
• India signed Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) with – the United States
• Operation Euphrates Shield to end the rule of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) as well as against the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in Syria was launched by - Turkey
• Author of the autobiography 'Chitt-Chete' written in Dogri language is - Padma Sachdev
• India signed MoUs in fields of renewable energy, traditional systems of medicine with – Myanmar
• He headed the Committee on border protection that submitted its report to the Home Minister Rajnath Singh - Madhukar Gupta
• National Sports Day is observed across India on 29 August to commemorate birth anniversary of - Dhyan Chand
• He won the 2016 Belgian Grand Prix of Formula One (F1) - Nico Rosberg
• He will head Indian Navy’s high level committee that was constituted to find out extent of Scorpene Submarine data leak - Ashok Kumar
• The 11-year-old girl who will swim in River Ganga from Kanpur to Varansi with a message of clean Ganga is - Shraddha Shukla
• The world famous Velankanni our lady of health basilica annual feast started with the hoisting of flag in – Tamil Nadu
• The Indian paramilitary force that has decided to appoint Olympic Silver medalist PV Sindhu as its brand ambassador and bestow the honorary rank of Commandant to her - Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
• Odisha government has launched a new cadre for urban local bodies called - the Odisha Municipal Cadre
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.