Current Affairs Today Headline- 5 May 2022
Find here Today's Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 5 May 2022
- India reports 3,275 fresh cases, 3,010 recoveries, and 55 deaths in the last 24 hours. Total active cases stand at 19,719.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron hold talks at Elysee Palace, the official residence of the President of France.
- India, France to set up dialogue on space issues, hail secure access for all.
- India, France pledge to uphold peace, stability in Indo-Pacific region.
- UN World Food Program delegation visits Amritsar to see India's wheat assistance to Afghanistan.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah to embark on two-day visit to West Bengal today.
- Adar Poonawalla clarifies COVID-19 vaccine Covovax available for everyone above 12 years of age.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi emplanes for India from Paris after concluding his 3-day official visit to Germany, Denmark, and France.
- Tamil Nadu Governor refers anti-NEET bill to President.
- Deep depression likely to be formed in South Andaman Sea area, as per IMD.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Chennai Super Kings by 13 runs in IPL.
Read Also: Current Affairs in Short: 4 May 2022
- Taliban stops issuing driving licence to women in Kabul.
- US Secretary of State Antony J Blinken tested positive for COVID-19. President Joe Biden not considered a close contact as Secretary has not seen President Biden in person for several days.
- Death shadow' dinosaur, six-ton giant and largest mega raptor, unearthed in Argentina. The dinosaur fed on smaller dinosaurs, as per a palaeontologist.
- EU plans to ban Russian oil imports by the end of 2022 to sanction the country for invading Ukraine.
- Russia offers limited ceasefire to evacuate Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol, Ukraine.
- Guinea says it will prosecute former president Alpha Conde, who was toppled in a military coup last September, for murder and other crimes committed during his time in office.
- European Parliament calls for rewrite of EU treaties following citizens' conference.
- Myanmar junta court rejects Suu Kyi appeal against five-year corruption sentence.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS