The Czech Republic on 15 November 2015 successfully defended its Fed Cup crown after beating Russia in final day's play in Prague.
Czech Republic’s Karolina Pliskova emerged as the team’s hero as she not only won her singles rubber to tie the match at 2-2 but also returned to court after a break to secure another comeback victory in the finals of the deciding doubles.
• The victory marked a fourth Fed Cup success for the Czech Republic in five years.
• The country has won the Fed Cup nine times overall, including Czechoslovakia's five before its split in 1993.
About Fed Cup
• Fed Cup is the premier international team competition in women's tennis.
• It was launched in 1963 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the International Tennis Federation (ITF).
• The competition was known as the Federation Cup until 1995.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Czech Republic
What: Won Fed Cup
When: 15 November 2015