Dushyant Chautala on 30 January 2017 was appointed the President of the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI).
Chautala is the youngest president of the apex body. His term, which is for four years, extends until 2021.
The appointment was made following the Annual General Body meeting.
Along with Chautala, M.P. Singh was appointed as the Secretary General, and Arun Kumar Banerjee took over as the Treasurer.
In addition, eight Vice-Presidents, four joint secretaries and five out of eight Executive Committee members, were nominated and filled as per the TTFI constitution. The other three vacant slots in the Executive Committee were left to be chosen by the new TTFI chief.
The election to all posts was conducted and supervised by Justice Ranjit Singh (Retd.) of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
About Table Tennis Federation of India
• The Table Tennis Federation of India was established in the year 1926.
• It is a founder member of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF).
• The Table Tennis Federation of India has been at the forefront in the promotion of the game in India.
• The Federation has the affiliation of 32 state units and 37 institutions.
• It is one of the most active among all sports federations in India. India is represented through TTFI in all the major international championships like Olympics, World, Commonwealth, Asian and all Pro tours.
Who: Dushyant Chautala
When: 30 January 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.